B16, B18, B20
By madhatchride
#340337 ok so ive just installed a b20z2 into my 93 civic eg hatch. The hatch was originally set up for a b18b turbo.when i purchased the car it had a hole in the block.but i do know the car was running fine before it blew it was a local guy who i knew.i pulled the z2 out of a car that i had in perfect running shape.it was obd2 and would absolutely scream not a single problem or cel no smoke knock nothing. when i installed the motor i used the intake,injectors,wire harness,distributor, and alternator from the obd1 hatch. i get the motor in fire it up and it sounds like a cammed 454. and is running super super rich.i know the car was setup for a turbo with 450cc injectors and 4 bar map sensor but i am running a stock p75 which controls fuel anyway right ? the car is running so poor and so rich it will not hardly rev it will but it falls all over itself. please any help would be nice
By JUICE
#340339 Stock ecu with 450cc injectors will do that. The ecu is sending a signal to the injectors in the form of duty cycle, no matter what cc injectors. So let's say stock injectors idle at 10% duty, with the ecu sending that same duty to bigger injectors they're gonna dump more fuel. They would need to only be at say 5% duty. These are not actual percentage values, just so you get an idea of what I'm saying. Ecu needs to be chipped/base mapped to run bigger injectors.

You also needs the stock map sensor with a stock ecu. It's not even reading that 4 bar without being chipped/base mapped. Stock injectors and oem map, it should run right.
By madhatchride
#340354 big help thanks i will change injectors out and re wire in my stock map sensor