B16, B18, B20
By MilpitasEH2
#339251 SO CLOSE YET SO FAR!!!

Background:
I have a 94 civic hatchback OBDI GSR. I recently did a headgasket change and timing belt/water pump change. Problems keep occurring and it's frustrating. Finally got the timing belt right and my car is running well or at least to start up. So here's the problem...

Problem:
Car runs well and is torquey :woot: So no power loss that i could think of. BUT, when i try to accelerate pass 2rpm it stutters for about 30 seconds - 50 seconds and then finally the car passes 2000 rpm. It jerks right after and continues accelerating normally but then it does that for all gears. I also did a spark plug change and spark plug wire change. As for fuel filter and rotor i changed those like weeks ago. Cleaned the IACV. No CEL whatsoever either! So now i'm stuck as to what i should do to fix it? it's been a month and so many days guys, and it's killing me!! Any help will be much appreciated :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#339253 lets have some more details.

did it do this since u swapped the motor in? or did it start sometime after that?

what kinda shapes the motor in, any details about the swap that might stand out, what ecu, how is the igntion timing?
By MilpitasEH2
#339254 Never did this whatsoever. Only time it started doing this was AFTER the headgasket change when i finally got it to start. Motor ran well before i even did the head gasket change. Original P72 ecu for OBDI GSR'S and the timing seemed fine. My friend did it for me and he is reputable for DIY projects and what not.
By TrailerTrash
#339281 were you there when he did the timing? did he loop the connection so the ecu recognizes the timing has been changed? i asked because the first time i attempted to correct the timing on my coupe i didnt loop the jumper thing and i got sputtering and such. wasnt quite as bad as yours though
By MilpitasEH2
#339294 Yeah he did that. He even let the car warmed up beforehand. Thought the injectors were dirty so I seafoamed it, didn't work... Any ideas? Might give up and take it to a shop EDIT: I also traded the distributor with my cousin to see if it was the cap and rotor, still did the same thing
By TrailerTrash
#339308 if you seafoam the car through a vacuum line like feed it in while the cars running thats not going to clean the fuel system whatsoever
By MilpitasEH2
#339309 Oh... well what is done, is done! hahaha. yeah it ended up not working either.
By MilpitasEH2
#339313 Can a possible wrong valve adjustment cause this problem?!
By MilpitasEH2
#344123 Alright guys 3-5 months later, I decided to get a new car. But I don't ever wanna give up on the honda! Still have the same problem. Did a full tune up, did my mechanical timing like 3-5 times, changed my ecu, and cleaned out the fuel system and changed injectors. Any other idea guys? I'm thinking timing belt, vacuum leak or wire harness.

Here's a picture of my timing belt, if it helps? :?

By monoxide0123
#344220 I had a similar problem with my b18a1 and it turned out to be the throttle position sensor.
By MilpitasEH2
#344617 i'll be sure to keep that in mind. Thanks tho! i'm going to try getting a new wire harness since i read up somewhere that it could possibly be a wire being messed up. Anyone else got any other suggestions? :thumb: