B16, B18, B20
By DTR808
#338193 hey ive got a gsr and when ever i pound the car to a high rpm i find that oil is on the inside hood and dripping down the front bumper i assume its the valve cover gasket but im not sure im not to good with cars has any one else had this problem? and could it be something else?
By HeikDiesel
#338201 Does it pop your dipstick out?

Sounds to me like you need to pop the hood and rev the engine to see what the problem is. Doesn't sound good....
By suspendedHatch
#338211 Is your PCV clogged? Check the PCV and the drain chamber on the back of the block under the intake manifold.

Are you sure it's even oil? Maybe it's power steering fluid.
By DTR808
#338220 yes there is oil around the valve cover only the front tho above the headers and no my dip stick hasnt popped out and my bad idk how to put pics with my phone[/img]
By PirateEG
#338333 Could just be the gasket... Just remember the torque specs for the valve cover is VERY LOW. I believe it is 7.5 ft/lbs. That is really low!
By DTR808
#339084 okay so i changed the valve cover gasket and its still shooting oil looks like between the plastic cover where the cam gears are and on the left side where the head meets the block but if its the head gasket would it still be able to shoot oil hard enough to hit the hood?
By teal_dx
#339088 Is it coming from between the head and the block or the head and the valve cover?
If it's head & block, it's probably your head gasket.

I'd clean the engine well, get all the oil off. Then have someone start the car while you watch the engine to know exactly where it is from. Post a pic if that helps.