B16, B18, B20
By JL2
#337599 Hi im posting my first post and i want to make it useful.
Ok to start the question and answer portion :D

I have a B16 JDM SiR ll Block, and B16B '97 Spec Type R Head. Complete head internals from B16B,including intake.

Now question; Is this a good combination or what? Need your opinion guys.

Thanks in advance.
By xzachrickx
#337609 B16B intake valve seats are at a different angle to B16A, 45 degrees vs 60 degrees. you may need to chagne pistons not sure how close it would be to touching, or hitting just be careful
By mADmAN
#337664 yes its a good combo... as far as i know... it should be a direct plug n play. i may be wrong though...coz im a total noob when it comes to these things.... but if the post above is right, id recommend claying the engine and making sure theres no piston to valve contact.

might also be a good opportunity to upgrade to the B16B pistons if u have them.
By JL2
#337711 guys i appreciate your replies, and consider your advices, but would like to ask first what you mean by "claying"?
By juls1488
#337712 http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2966615
There's a link in there to how someone clayed a d series. A b series VTEC motor is a little different. They describe how further down. This was just quick search. I'm sure there is a more in depth one somewhere.
By xzachrickx
#337724 Here is one way to clay your motor. you want to put clay on the pistons then mount the head and see what the cleance is on valve to piston
By JL2
#337750 Thanks for very informative information guys.

Btw i forgot to tell, the engine is already running,and the piston used was dome type. That was the previous owner told me. So do i need to clay it? Just to make sure if he makes it right before?
By PirateEG
#337846 You can never be too safe.

It would be better to check and have the peace of mind, than to not check and run into an issue... destroying the valves and damaging the pistons.
By JL2
#338312 guys thanks im running up the engine and i feel so stable now :)

Now here's an updated list what i did.

New installed

3 row Aluminum radiator
Samco silicone hose
J's Racing Air intake
AEM high flow fuel rail
B18c Type R headers
Mugen Midpipe
Buddy Club exhaust

Guys can you help me what fuel injector i need to use with my AEM fuel rail? currently running stock injector.