B16, B18, B20
By JDM FERIO MAN
#336834 I need to clean my type r head my motor spun abaring and I want to clean my head I got a new block and crank rods and so on but I will still be using my head and no 1 I know got a hot tank so help lol I dont think to much if any shit got up into the head but I wold like to clean it to be safe
By HeikDiesel
#336838 Not to be rude, but you sound like you have no idea what you are doing. I would have a machine shop assemble your engine. They will get the proper specs taken care of
By bks84
#336839 Most all Machine Shops will have something to clean parts with. Either use google or a good ole phone book and find one in your area...

I agree w/Heik, it doesnt sound like you have the slightest idea what youre doing.
By JDM FERIO MAN
#336840 I built it the 1st time went for 2 year of racing it hard I know what I am doing I just know I cant spray it down and get it all wet
By Ajax1989
#336841 disassemble it and wipe everything down, and for the head just spray it down with water and use air compressor to dry it off then spray wd40 everywhere..

ive done this a few times and each time nothing wrong.
I used a pressure washer and air compressor.. just make sure all the water is out before you reassemble the head
By bks84
bks84 wrote:Most all Machine Shops will have something to clean parts with. Either use google or a good ole phone book and find one in your area...

Do that. Much easier and less involved than spraying it with water and using an air compressor.

When you get it back, try to squirt oil on the valve stems.