B16, B18, B20
By EJ civic Juan
#336347 I have a b20b non vtec it over heats i took the thermostat out and filled it with coolant and water i used a burper funel (funel with the radiator cap attachment) i got all the air out of the cooling system and car still over heats fans work car turns off on me and idles rough especially in the morning could this be a head gasket, water pump issue?
:x :thumbdown: :shock: :? :(
By JUICE
#336350 The radiator and hoses are getting hot like its circulating? Seems like it'd have to be if it burped out the air. Will it overheat at idle or just when driving?
By EJ civic Juan
#336388 only in driving after like 12 miles on the highway in a hot texas day if i down shift and get on it to pass up a couple of cars it raises pretty fast my friend said it might be the radiator might be clogged but it circulates just fine
By Dport
#336393 How old is your water pump? It could be going bad which might cause the overheating.
By EJ civic Juan
#336453 never changed water pump i decided to pull the head off head gasket looks good im going to change water pump replace head gasket and resurface head hope this works