B16, B18, B20
By EGBOI95
#335667 Ok so i just got a 95 hatch and it came with the b18b1.. I hear a lot of good things about the ls motor but i got a really good deal on a gsr block so i picked that up.. My question is what is the best set up for this build.. My goal is to reach 5-600hp for now.
The block had iron eagle block guard already put in.. Now what i was told to do from a hond builder here was to use my ls crank and rods in this build.. Is that a good set up??? I am also thinking crower 403 or 404 cams.. This guy also told me a good cam to use was the type r cams. I am going to use my ls trans as for my head i was thnking the gsr head would work great.

Any help would work if u have ur own gsr build or know of some ones set up plz let me know the best way to go so i can start getting things going thanks!!
By JUICE
#335673 That's a big power goal for stock sleeves with a block guard.. I'd suggest building up the GSR block with forged pistons/rods, maybe ditch the block guard and look into a cylinder support system setup, and start saving for a good turbo setup. Also, a stock open diff tranny is pretty much on borrowed time at the power. I'm making 547whp with my built/sleeved LSvtec and I keep running into tranny issues.
By EGBOI95
#335683 I would wanna re sleeve it everything on this build will be new.. Whats a good sleeve to do.. And to gain that power should i bore the cylinders or would the stock bore be good enough to with hold the 5-600hp?? Will that LS crank i have withstand that HP.. Basicly i need a list of good pistons, valves, springs, ima go with the 404cams from crower, rods , retainers, ect... Im not to familuar with the honda world i know a lil but its always good to get some other insite!! A list of parts would help out great like i said if i can hit 500-600 with this build id be happy thanks!!
By EGBOI95
#335685 Ok so i was looking around at sleeves and i think ima go with the DARTON MID WET SLEEVES... now it asked what mm bore i wanna go i think one was 81-83 the other was 84-85 or for drag was 86-87 isnt the stock bore on the gsr 87mm or i might be wrong... I wanna do a street/strip car so... What sleeves would be good to buy!
By HeikDiesel
#336030 Stock bore on the GSR is 81mm