B16, B18, B20
By 92dxeg
#335501 so anyway my friend blew up his auto ls teg and he wants to put a auto b16 is this possable ? what ecu do i use and i can use the auto ls trans ?
By chrono404
#335524 While you can, It will be pretty damn slow as you have no torque to move the tall gears.

Assuming its in a Integra where it will fit in the engine bay you can bolt a a B16 to a B18 auto transmission.

You will be able to use an automatic P28 ecu, Chip it with a B16 map. However the auto trans will most likely shift around 7200 at full throttle as the Chipping will not effect shift points.

If your going to be putting this into an EG Engine bay, then you will want to use a DA Automatic tranny so it can fit.

Also this will only work for 92-95 Civics, as in 96 with OBD2 you can no longer use a OBD1 ecu. OBD2 chipping while it exists its much rarier and not nearly as supported. Every OBD2 to OBD1 ECU adapter only works with Manual transmissions.

Happy Modding.
By 92dxeg
#335533 well this is what my friend wants to do later on it will be 5 speed and xenocron is going to be chipping his stock integra ecu to work and put vtec in it ... but how do I wire vtec into a auto ecu is the pin out the same ?? and also the stock ls auto trans will work fine ?