B16, B18, B20
Bykutthroatkrow
#333816 Not really interested in high hp, really would like more low end grunt. Are there any inexpensive (<$250) mods to help torque output on my b18b1?
By HeikDiesel
#333817 Nitrous. 250 is a pretty low budget for a true power adder
By nd1983
HeikDiesel wrote:Nitrous. 250 is a pretty low budget for a true power adder

i was gonna say the same thing but with a meme of fast and furious with NOS.

like:

Bykutthroatkrow
#333819 Well I was thinking like certain intake, exhaust combos I know for sire I can't go over 500
By panic989
#333827 Intake, intake mani, exhaust mani, full exhaust. I picked up my cat back for $170 ish and it was 2.5"
By ottofalcon
#333832 The problem we have with these engines is that you need to spend some money to make some decent amount of power, when you work with a small displacement engine torque is not easy to come by.

I would start by giving your car a tune up, spark plugs, oil change ect ect.

Get some headers an intake so the engine breathes a more.

And get a bigger budget XD
Bykutthroatkrow
#333836 I guess my next mod will be headers. I have the 2.5 back to a reverse speedway dump and a "Sri". Looks like a piece of fence post covered in chrome and a pod filter on the end.
By HeikDiesel
#333998 Honestly your best power adder would be a vtec head if you could find a decent one for a couple hundred dollars. But you aren't going to do it for $250 unless you find the head for free
By suspendedHatch
#334320 Just about every mod is going to give you hp and shift peak power to the right. The only way to get torque is with forced induction, or through block work like increasing displacement and compression.

Even so, just about every mod will make the car faster. People who think they want more end torque are often satisfied with more peak horsepower.

If you are sure you're not swapping the motor (B18 or H22 will get you more torque), get the maintenance caught up, then do I/H/E all at once.
Bykutthroatkrow
#334399 I have a b1 swap with intake and exhaust work.
Bykutthroatkrow
#334514 While I commend Honda on the K series motor I believe it should stay in the newer cars.