B16, B18, B20
By BukHumYai
#333430 I'm swapping a b18 ls motor into my ej1 and I want to keep my ac and power steering. What do I need? I read that you need a bracket but idk what car to get them off of
By bigJOE671
#333431 First off It's really easy to retain the all the stock AC components in your 92-95 Civic HB with a any swaped B-series motor.

If you have all your stock AC equipment then all you need is a AC bracket from a Del Sol Vtec or a CRV and a AC belt from a 93 GSR. The brackets you can buy at a dealership, they cost around $140 if I remember correctly. When you get the AC bracket don't forget the belt tensioner with the bolt. Mine didn't come with it when I ordered mine from Ebay. I believe they don't come with the bracket but you can ask whoever your buying it from.

Here are the Part Numbers:
38930-P7J-000 CRV Bracket
38930-P54-000 Del Sol Bracket

1. First off all the stock AC components need to be in your car. You don't need an integra compressor, Integra lines, or Condensor to make this work, but it's possible with integra parts but requires custom work.

2.With the B-series motor in the car install the AC bracket of your choice onto the motor. Your going to need the bolts off of your stock motor that holds the bracket and the compressor onto the bracket. All the bolts should line up.

3.Install the compressor onto the bracket. All four holes should line up. If the bolts are dirty I suggest you clean them and the holes they are going in.

4. Install the High and Low side pressure lines onto the compressor. Don't forget to use new O-rings and apply oil to them before you put on the lines. If you didn't take off the compressor and your system ain't open, then you don't need to install the lines since its already installed.

5.Now test fit the AC belt from a 93 GSR. If its too long you can always go back a to the place like Autozone, Pepboys, or Advance Auto Parts and ask for a shorter one. I suggest just bringing your car with the mounted compressor so you won't waste gas and test fit there.

6. Now charge your system if your system was open. If you have any questions on charging it you can post here and I'll answer your questions.

When I got my car the AC system was JACKED :eek: So I pretty much installed a whole AC system from a donor vehicle.

Here is a vid of my AC working: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF9yWzJ3lko

This was at Idle (1000rpm), fan setting at 2, ambient air temp at 85F, and with 50% humidity

As for the power steering brackets...the car's PS pump should mount onto the stock upper and lower PS brackets from the B-series motor.
Last edited by bigJOE671 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
By BukHumYai
#333432 Thanks man! I'm going to try it out. Hopefully everything works out
By bigJOE671
BukHumYai wrote:Thanks man! I'm going to try it out. Hopefully everything works out

No problem...if you plan on putting a B16 motor in there. The CRV bracket won't allow the lower PS bracket to fit due to deck height. The Del Sol would work on a B16.