B16, B18, B20
By madhatchride
#332415 ok idk if you guys remember my first few posts but u had purchased a fresh b18b from the local shop that is very liked and growing every day. ok i swapped it all over myself which led me to think if something went wrong then it would of been my fault. ok well the motor never i mean never ran right from the day i got it in there till the day i took it back to the shop were i purchased it well i get the car out there and they run the same trouble shoot i did timing and fuel(btw the car would not run to redline or run worth a crap after 4500 rpms.)well they come back and say timing is ok then they throw some new injectors in there. this increased power they said but not noticable enough to make it run right. well after that they put a walbro 255 in the car with a fmu. car still runs like crap. well at this point they do a compression check it comes back 175 175 175 95....ok they take it apart and tell me the motor is bad and on top of that im past my three month warranty.( i gave 1800 for the swap).well he said ill make u a deal ill give you a b20 for cost and not charge you labor and only charge half the labor for what i already done. so im like ok sounds like a deal cause this totalled 750. go pick the car up today. descent torque cause i didnt really get off the back road. he says its still not doing good on top end. well i take it anyway cause i need a car. i ask him what it could be. well i do have a descent leak in my header and he said that would pick me up some power. what does this sound like to someone this car has been n a good shop for 3 weeks and still doesnt run right could it be my exhaust leak ? thats the only thing thats left
By bks84
#332996 Im like 2 weeks late, but thats alright...

if they swapped in a Walbro 255 and an FMU as a trouble shooting measure, I'd find another shop...
By panic989
#333312 Can you go above 3500 rpm's?