B16, B18, B20
By fitimio
#332010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iy2Dtaz ... e=youtu.be
chipped p72 ecu ***p28 not 72... p72 is the head my bad
b18c maybe b18c1 (block says b18c, but when i opened her up I noticed C1 pistons (A0)

It did not do this before the HG change...
No engine light. Car seems to be running fine, although I don't think vtec is kicking in.
So i did notice the vtec pressure switch was hanging on 1 thread of wire, so I fixed that. To check my fix I took out the switch and it threw a code, then put the switch back and no codes.
I did change the oil after the HG fix. (I am using fram tough guard oil filter, never had a problem with it before... although it is bigger then OEM)

I'm not sure how the B18c checks the oil pressure, but there is nothing attached to the oil pressure switch, and never was from the day I got it (swapped).

Anyone know what's going on?
Last edited by fitimio on Wed May 22, 2013 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
By JUICE
#332016 Pressure switch definitely needs to be hooked up.. That'd be a good start. I would not be driving the car or revving it till you get this figured out
By fitimio
JUICE wrote:Pressure switch definitely needs to be hooked up.. That'd be a good start. I would not be driving the car or revving it till you get this figured out

Errrr, damn... What can cause the light to come on? Is the pressure switch the only thing that can cause the light to come on? What sensors are responsible for the oil light? Thanks for tip. I dont see anything on the harness that i can hook up to the oil pressure switch, I do have a oil pressure gauge that i will install though.