B16, B18, B20
By fitimio
#331107 Hey guys, I was trying to torque my cam cap bolts following what I read online for b18c specs (20ftlbs for the 10, 8ftlbs for the 4), but when I tried taking the bolt to 20 ft lbs it the bolt stretched (it physically got longer-compared it to identical bolt-, because I was turning the wrench and risistance wasnt ncreasing but bolt was turning)! Wtf? Everything is lined up good and sealing. I used arp lube instead of oil on the bolts(mistake 1?), and a 1/2in drive torque wrench(10 to 120ft lbs mistake 2?). What do you guys think I should do? Is it possible to order a cam cap bolt at the dealership? I saw I can order the whole set off ebay for $60, but thats not really an option because I depleted my account.

Any help is appreciated :)
By HeikDiesel
#331119 You shouldn't use ARP lube because it lowers the bolt resistance and requires less torque to get the clamping force needed. Pretty sure the Helms says to use engine oil for those specs. Also, yes they are available from the dealership as individuals.
By fitimio
HeikDiesel wrote:You shouldn't use ARP lube because it lowers the bolt resistance and requires less torque to get the clamping force needed. Pretty sure the Helms says to use engine oil for those specs. Also, yes they are available from the dealership as individuals.

Awesome! Thanks for the help dude! Im going to clean out the threads and try again but with oil :]