B16, B18, B20
By Leppy
wolfman93 wrote:Gsr or type r? Can't decide for my 93 hatch Dx. It is my dd but I wanna keep decent mileage but want more power without boost.

If you want a good balance in power and fuel economy, my recommendation would be to get a GSR and keep it stock minus intake and exhaust. I daily drive mine and it get's out of it's own way, but maintains between 31 to 34 MPG even though I abuse the hell out of it.
By bigJOE671
#330383 I drove a GSR and I dd my B16A hatch.

I know my B16A ain't as fast as a B16B but I can tell you that it doesn't have much torque under 4k rpm. With my AC on it feels like a turtle.

The GSR that I drove felt like it had more torque in the lower end which made a big difference compared to my B16A.

I would rather get the B18C for daily driving. Unless you just want to have a "Type R" motor.
By wolfman93
#330410 Thanks. I was kinda leaning towards Gsr but wanted some opinions
By Civic_HatchSI
#330413 gsr has lots of get up and go and gets great gas mileage, you could always put a ls transmission as well to save a bit more fuel on the highway.
By wolfman93
#330552 I dont really do a lot of highway driving so the ls transmission wouldnt really matter. But this car will be autocrossed once in a while. The price difference from the gsr and type r are just crazy. I cant justify spending $500-1000 more just for type r. Im gonna go with the gsr. Now its just a waiting game until money starts flowing in again. Thanks again guys. This site has definately been more help than Honda-tech ever was. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By baconsauce
#330938 GSR has more torque with good start to drop it in your civic
I have been researched about it lately o:
By cleanb18eg
#331086 I have a jdm gsr with a few bolt ons and an s80 lsd tranny. Gets about 30-32 mpg averaged highway and city. Love the hell out of it. Just my .02 cents.
By chris_barnes
#331584 Definitely GSR. No replacement for displacement. GSRs are really nice, cause with very few bolt ons (I/H/E) + remap you get a pretty decent result (something like 150 at the wheels, which is quite good, with a lot of torque).
By wolfman93
#331585 Alright thanks guys. Im currently trying to get my new shell hauled to my house. And waiting on phone calls back to get a job. My new shell is already stripped down so I can do wire tuck when I put the body harness back in, but Im looking for a 92 harness or 93-95 ex/si harness. I decided that Im going to buy a seperate vehicle to haul my kids in since Im building my civic. I want my babies safe. And have more steel in the car lol