B16, B18, B20
By Aldo91
#330310 Hey guys im getting ready to do a valve adjustment but I cannot seem to find a valve adjustment tool at sears or pep boys, I even tried home depot in my desperation. I was also wondering what is a good brand of feeler gauges or will any from pep boys work? I can't really just use a wrench cause the vtec heads have the adjustment significantly deeper into the head then non vtec ones.

thank you very much in advance.
By asianrob
#330331 any feeler gauge will work. you can use a 10mm open end wrench and a flat head screw driver. if you cant get a hold of the tool for it. (i think its a 10mm if i remember right. )
By elrompetoto
#330342 Ebay has them and I find It 2 hard 2 use a filler gage I just do it buy feeling. And u can use a 10 mm rench and a flat head just make sure u tourge it back right or thry will be coming lose all the time. And be ready 2 do 2 or 3 ajustments the mootor runs one way when its cool and another way when its hot
By HeikDiesel
#330347 I know your english isn't perfect but you have to use a feeler gauge, you can't just adjust valves based off feel. Also, to tell someone they need to do 2-3 adjustments to get the car to run correctly is absurd. You set the valve lash cold, that's why it's there.

OP, this is what you need but you don't need to pay that much for them. Just giving you an idea of what it is.
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp ... ir=catalog

My buddy just tack welded a old screwdriver shaft to a deep well 10mm socket. Works perfect
By rustyrex
#330348 I have to do a valve lash job on my d. I and scared shirtless the last time I tried one when me and my dude started the motor every single valve bent.
By Aldo91
#330359 sweet guys thanks a bunch. I do know that I have to do it cold and I would never ever deal with something as delicate as this without a feeler gauge that would be nonsense. :lol: I might try the open end wrench or the 10mm socket welded to the screw driver, Man I can't believe the snap on one really is that expensive.

Do you guys know the torque specs for the nuts on there by any chance? I think its around 10 but im not exactly sure. ill start looking.
By HeikDiesel
#330365 The nut itself takes a 10mm but the stud is actaully a 6 or 7mm. The torque on that nut is 14 lb/ft. I recently just did my valves and made a video about it. Maybe I should upload it.
By Aldo91
#330384 yesss!! please do upload it :thumb: :thumb:
By HeikDiesel
#330390 I'll see what I can do tonight. I do it a little differently from everyone anyhow
By suspendedHatch
#330481 There's a how-to sticky for this with torque specs etc. I suggest getting the angled feeler gauges. Brand doesn't matter. You can get the tool on amazon.