B16, B18, B20
By xhardlinerx
#328311 Is a b18 stock muffler better than a D15 engine DX EG stock muffler for my b16 engine? I have a b16 with a ebay header and a ebay catback exhaust system.

Im going to take off the huge exhaust muffler and install a b18 stock muffler on it.

I was thinking a b18 stock muffler would be better than buying someones stock DX D15 EG muffler.

I dont think a rsx type s muffler would fit right?

When i went to get my catalytic converter welded on my car, they had universal stock mufflers, the universal muffler didnt fit over the control arm on my EG.
Last edited by xhardlinerx on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
By xhardlinerx
#328361 Sorry, but im waiting for a response so I can buy it.

Thanks!
By asianrob
#328417 it will be a little bit bigger.

i've had GSR stock exhaust on one of my sedans. i could barely feel the difference but i was also stock too lol. but if your just buying the muffler and not getting the whole exhaust, you still have the option of going with and aftermarket muffler and do custom B pipe or i think megan racing has a B pipe for the Eg? i forgot but i dont think you'll see a noticeable difference other then looks. but it will be bigger than your stock DX exhaust for sure.
By asianrob
#328418 and as far as RSX type S muffler its about the size of the integra muffler, you'll have to mod the flange for it to fit, like take it to an exhaust shop and let them cut it and mod it to fit.
By xhardlinerx
#328427 Thanks, but I have ebay cat back exhaust system with a header and Huge exhaust muffler.

I was going to take off only the huge exhaust muffler and install a b18 muffler or a d15 muffler.

I think the b18 muffler would be better for performance since i have a b16.

I test drove a EG with a rsx exhaust and it rattled. This could of been because the guy didnt get it installed properly or he did it himself and needed to get it fixed.

If the rsx type s muffler provides the best performance, than I will buy that event though it costs $200 bucks and the b18 muffler is ony $50

CAN ANYBODY ANSWER MY QUESTION REGARDING PERFORMANCE?
By xhardlinerx
#328460 Would a b18 muffler have better performance on a B16 engine compared to a d15 EG muffler?

Would a rsx type s muffler have better performance on a B16 than a B18? Or would it be the same?
By bigpunn421
xhardlinerx wrote:Would a b18 muffler have better performance on a B16 engine compared to a d15 EG muffler?

Would a rsx type s muffler have better performance on a B16 than a B18? Or would it be the same?

so you want quiet performance? thats a contradiction.

i would go with the muffler that fits the best. measure the openings and go with the bigger one if you want power.

but if you want poweer leave loud muffler on
By reaperstk
#328488 I dont think a muffler will do anything on performance wise. Ive had 4 different mufflers on my ls swap n all i can say is they are all the same. Just the sound of it thats different. On the other hand you dont want to bottle neck your exhaust system either. I went back to a stock muffler cuz they were getting annoying. Just take it off when your at the track
By asianrob
#328500 as far as performance goes, you will see a difference over stock DX muffler being that it is smaller, as far as an integra muffler you probably wont see the same as the ebay muffler but it will be a better flow than the DX muffler.

i dont know if that will help you. but i would just go after market muffler like ES oval. :thumb:
By xhardlinerx
asianrob wrote:as far as performance goes, you will see a difference over stock DX muffler being that it is smaller, as far as an integra muffler you probably wont see the same as the ebay muffler but it will be a better flow than the DX muffler.

i dont know if that will help you. but i would just go after market muffler like ES oval. :thumb:

Thank you, are you talking about this : http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Muffler-Rea ... 0c&vxp=mtr

or this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vibrant-Oval-Mu ... cf&vxp=mtr
By xhardlinerx
#328676 I dont know how it will look like under the car. From the appearance of the twin loop exhaust right now, I dont like the look of the twin loop.

Since I have an a ebay header with a full ebay exhaust system, I think putting on the twin loop will sound similar to my loud HUGE apexi N1 fart can exhaust.

I was thinking that this would make my car sound quiet and be have more performance than a b18 exhaust. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Muffler-Rea ... 0c&vxp=mtr

I know this would have more performance than the b18 but would it be loud?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vibrant-Oval-Mu ... cf&vxp=mtr
By reaperstk
#328692 The first one will be more quiet. I have that on my ls swap hatch. Its just like a stock one. Second one idk. The twin loop sits on top that way the rear bumper hides it. The twin loop will be a lower tone n better sound than the n1 replica from ebay. I had the n1 n took it off becuz its tooooo damn loud n sounds like shit
u could take a look at the tanabe. I had it on last month and its not loud at all amd still give u that deep tone. I wouldve kept it but it wasnt mines