B16, B18, B20
By bigpunn421
HeikDiesel wrote:I would only ask why some of the top end exhaust builders (hytech) to name one, build a 2.5" exhaust as their optimal size exhaust to achieve what they call "transient response". I'm unable to look at the Honda Tech links you currently provided, but to say that a 4" exhaust on a d15b will create more power than a properly sized exhaust is not only a blanket statement but also ridiculous.

also when yoiur home look up the links i posted. real life results. not applying theory to real life. when you do that its just theory not proven. the reults i posted are proven
By bigpunn421
bigJOE671 wrote:This thread has become like hater tech...arguing and arguing.

I will say add a muffler bearing and back pressure, scavenging, and flow will increase a hundred fold :twisted:

sorry if i come across like that. i want to teach people and clear up the mislead info across the net.
By HeikDiesel
#327929 You know you can edit your posts so you don't have to put 4 thoughts on 4 seperate posts? Obviously we struck a nerve and when I get a chance I will look at those posts.
By bigpunn421
HeikDiesel wrote:You know you can edit your posts so you don't have to put 4 thoughts on 4 seperate posts? Obviously we struck a nerve and when I get a chance I will look at those posts.

i will start to edit more posts.

no nerve struck i just wanted to tell the truth and get rid of the misleading info in the internet. its hard for me to act perfect or super polite when i type. i will try to work on that too. sorry if you thought i was pissy
By bigJOE671
xhardlinerx wrote:I want to use a stock muffler from a DX honda EG and put that on my B16.

My b16 has a ebay resonator and a ebay header.

Or I could just put the entire exhaust system on my car.

Thanks everyone as soon as I find out Im going to do this because my car is too loud

My car has a B16, stock header, 2.5 cat-back with resonator, and has a stock muffler. The 2.5 inch piping converges as it goes to the stock muffler.

My experience with it is that I can hear the engine rev but the exhaust sounds stock. I've been in some loud cars that had a 3 inch exhaust and it gets annoying when on the highway.

Here is what it sounds like from inside car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFAZmdOWg_4

I prefer to have an upgraded header, 3.0 inch cat-back with resonator, and a stock muffler. But have an exhaust cut out before the stock muffler.
By xhardlinerx
#327946 So is putting ONLY a stock muffler in a B16 SIR II(170Hp) okay?? Or would the muffler be too weak for the engine?

I have ebay headers, and a ebay pipe that is after the catalytic converter with a ebay resonator. I think the diameter of that is 2.5" Right now I have a HUGE Ebay exhaust.

THANKS, Im waiting on anyone of yall so I can buy the muffler because I need my car quieter or I might get fired!
By xhardlinerx
#327947 [quote="bigJOE671"]

TO bigJOE671:

So do you feel any powerloss with your stock muffler?

I dont understand when you said you prefer to have your exhaust cut out before the muffler.
By bigJOE671
xhardlinerx wrote:So is putting ONLY a stock muffler in a B16 SIR II(170Hp) okay?? Or would the muffler be too weak for the engine?

I have ebay headers, and a ebay pipe that is after the catalytic converter with a ebay resonator. I think the diameter of that is 2.5" Right now I have a HUGE Ebay exhaust.

THANKS, Im waiting on anyone of yall so I can buy the muffler because I need my car quieter or I might get fired!

Yes, putting a stock muffler on your exhaust system is okay...I've had my setup for over 2 years without a problem. You might lose a lil power up top due to the restrictive stock muffler.

xhardlinerx wrote:
bigJOE671 wrote:

My car has a B16, stock header, 2.5 cat-back with resonator, and has a stock muffler. The 2.5 inch piping converges as it goes to the stock muffler.

My experience with it is that I can hear the engine rev but the exhaust sounds stock. I've been in some loud cars that had a 3 inch exhaust and it gets annoying when on the highway.

I prefer to have an upgraded header, 3.0 inch cat-back with resonator, and a stock muffler. But have an exhaust cut out before the stock muffler.

I dont understand when you said you prefe[/quote]

It means I want my whole exhaust system to be upgraded...except it would have a stock muffler. But I would have a switch activated exhuast cut out opener that is like running and open exhaust. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPnLAhsnTz4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O9uXh17Fhk
By xhardlinerx
#327950 would a B18 stock muffler be better, would it fit?

Would a RSX Type S stock muffler fit?

I didnt find any b18 stock mufflers for sale on CL but I did find a RSX type S muffler.

I remember when I was looking for cars I test drove a EG with a RSX muffler and it rattled because it was too long and he needed to do something to get it fixed.
Last edited by xhardlinerx on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bigJOE671
xhardlinerx wrote:would a B18 stock muffler be better, would it fit?

I'm not sure a B18 stock muffler would be better. I never came across one. I would assume the stock muffler would be a lil bigger than one from 1.5/1.6 liter civic.

For the fitting you would have an exhaust shop do that part. The stock muffler inlet piping is smaller that 2.5 inches.
By xhardlinerx
#327952 The only that concerns me is because the EG stock muffler was designed for a SOHC.

Anyone know if a DEL SOL DOHC muffler is the same as the EG SOHC mufflers?

Im pretty sure I can find a b18 stock muffler from a honda junk shop, I have store credit at one junkshop.