B16, B18, B20
By xhardlinerx
#327842 I found a EG DX stock exhaust system on Craigslist for $75.

Would a EG DX exhaust system be fine for a B16 SIR (170hp)? Or is the exhaust system not strong enough for my engine?

Would just a EG DX exhaust muffler with my ebay pipes be strong enough for my engine?

Are the EG DX exhaust systems the same as the EG SI exhaust systems?

If a EG DX stock exhaust system isnt strong enough, then a b16 del sol exhaust would work but there hard to find.

I think a b18 integra exhaust muffler would work too?

I just put a crappy eastern catalytic converter on my car to pass emissions. The previous owner put a straight pipe on it. I hope changing my catalytic converter doesnt mess up the chrome tune that it has on it.
Last edited by xhardlinerx on Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
By xhardlinerx
#327851 I want to use a stock muffler from a DX honda EG and put that on my B16.

My b16 has a ebay resonator and a ebay header.

Or I could just put the entire exhaust system on my car.

Thanks everyone as soon as I find out Im going to do this because my car is too loud
By bigpunn421
#327893 get a ebay 3" exhaust if you want hp. if you want quiet and dont care about hp put the stock one on.

i am sure if you have aftermarket header it will not just bolt up. you will have to do something to make it fit
By bigpunn421
teal_dx wrote:
bigpunn421 wrote:get a ebay 3" exhaust if you want hp.

no no no.. please don't do this unless you are boosted, pushing 250+ HP

wtf why not? let me guess it needs back pressure lmao.

3">2.5">2" for just about any car
By rustyrex
#327903 its actually a matter of physics. a air pump can only expel so much air at a given rate. if the air exiting the pump is forced through a larger orphice it will not generate the scavageing effect that is desired for a exhaust.
By HeikDiesel
bigpunn421 wrote:
teal_dx wrote:

:eh:
By bigpunn421
rustyrex wrote:its actually a matter of physics. a air pump can only expel so much air at a given rate. if the air exiting the pump is forced through a larger orphice it will not generate the scavageing effect that is desired for a exhaust.

lmao tell me more how its physics?

back pressure looses hp. dont be stupid and follow the backpressure myth because someone told you or your friend friends said so.

i know first hand 3" is alot better than 2.5" even on a stock b16.

also if you want to talk physics what flows better 2.5" or 3"?

i have years in civic building and tuning, years in mechanical engineering, performance building etc.

you dont think i would know?
By bigpunn421
#327906 everyone makes more power with less back pressure
By rustyrex
#327907 its actually a little thing i have called a Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering bud. When you have the ability to write a 30 page thesis on the cause and effect on diameter in relation pressure then try to correct me. until then pick up a book and learn. 2.5 can and will easily out flow a 3 inch pipe. not everything is about size. im sure you have heard it before lol. the way you are claiming these so called facts sounds exactly like the internet research alot of people do. ill tell you what. measure the wind speed of the exhaust air on a car with a 2.5 exhaust and then meausre the wind speed on a 3 inch exhaust. i will bet you the deed to my house the 2.5 have more CFM and more PSI
Last edited by rustyrex on Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bigpunn421
HeikDiesel wrote:
bigpunn421 wrote:
teal_dx wrote:

:eh:

please explain the face
By bigpunn421
rustyrex wrote:its actually a little thing i have called a Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering bud. When you have the ability to write a 30 page thesis on the cause and effect on diameter in relation pressure then try to correct me. until then pick up a book and learn

i dont care what you wrote. i know for fact the 3" is better than 2.5" on stock b16.

3" even made more torque and more power under curve.

if you can explain to me why 2.5" is better i will listen.

until then i know 3" is better.

back pressure does not add hp. put your hand over your exhaust if you think back pressure adds hp. lmao or why not upgrade your exhaust to 1" piping? even more velocity right? lmao
By rustyrex
#327911 do you know the difference between the scavenging effect and back pressure? i never mention back pressure now did i?
By bigpunn421
rustyrex wrote:its actually a little thing i have called a Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering bud. When you have the ability to write a 30 page thesis on the cause and effect on diameter in relation pressure then try to correct me. until then pick up a book and learn. 2.5 can and will easily out flow a 3 inch pipe. not everything is about size. im sure you have heard it before lol. the way you are claiming these so called facts sounds exactly like the internet research alot of people do. ill tell you what. measure the wind speed of the exhaust air on a car with a 2.5 exhaust and then meausre the wind speed on a 3 inch exhaust. i will bet you the deed to my house the 2.5 have more CFM and more PSI

ninja edit ^

why dont you post your results of the test you conducted?

if you say the 2.5" flows better wheres the data?
By bigpunn421
#327913 http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t= ... 27+exhaust

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t= ... 27+exhaust

i rest my case. i have been to synapse, xenocropn, rpm systems, ccc racing, redline performance and on all of their dynos the 3" was better even under the curve and torque.

so you can apply all the text book terms you want i knwo