B16, B18, B20
By 92dxeg
#327062 ok guys i am running a poor mans type r set up build block 12.7.1 cp ratio been driving her for 2 years wit out a prob got it tuned at 197 on s300 and i have ihe on it as well as the 81.5 pistons and all that jazz but i have a fairly stock head i mean stock inatake manny, tb , gsr cams, gsr vavle but 3 angle vavle job and i am looking to make a bit more power... i have the chace to get a skunk2 70mm tb and inatke mannny for it will this add big gains in horse power do to my cp ratio or will i really not feel the diffrence ??? i should not need to get my car retuned right i was told buy my tunner i will be fine not to re tune just yet..any input will help
By JUICE
#327073 Its worthwhile if you upgrade cams too.. You'll actually lose bottom end power if you just throw on tb and intake
By Fada Blayne
JUICE wrote:Its worthwhile if you upgrade cams too.. You'll actually lose bottom end power if you just throw on tb and intake

I agree with Juice on this.

It would be wise to consider getting cams as well as upgrading the TB+Intake Mani.
By 92dxeg
#327184 so u think the intake manny and tb is stupid b4 cams ? i thought ppl upgrafe basic bolt onns b4 most of the time and u guys think i will loose bottom end power y is that ?? is that due to my cp ratio
By chris_barnes
#327189 Can you please define your setup? I always thought poorman's R involves at least R-cams?? Have you made 197 at the wheels with GSR cams?
If you are running GSR cams, the biggest upgrade for you is typeR cams, and I'd definitely go that route for the same money which you will pay for 70mm TB and intake manny. B16 intake manny is not that bad really, especially if you rev to about 8k rpm (which you should bearing in mind the fact that you're not making power there with these GSR cams).
By bks84
#327221 197 stock gsr cams stock head? Hmm...

Cams cams cams.
By 92dxeg
#327226 yup yup gsr cam lol sad face lol my set up is weico pistons 81.5mm 12,7,1 cp ratio , eagel rods gsr crank micro pholished fairly basic
as for the head its off a si b16a2 stock intake manny tb, 3 angle vavle job on stock vavle ferra bronze vavle guides, new nsx lma,s head has been milled block has been decked and all i had was gsr cams lol here is the dyno vid vtec cracks hard

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/phot ... =2&theater

copy and paste hole link
By bks84
#327236 Lol.

You need cams. Leave the intake manifold and throttle body alone.
By 92dxeg
#327242 how about cam intake manny and tb to add i few more ponies why do u say leave it alone..
By JUICE
#327245 ITR cams should be ran with dual springs tho.. Not sure about NA, but I got a buddy who put ITR cams in his stock b16 head boosted setup and he ran into valve float issues..
By 92dxeg
#327251 well i plan on getting pro 1s and some vavle trian should i upgrade vavles as well ? i really dont want to bump up the cp ratio much more
By 92dxeg
#327270 i have type r springs in my car but i would like to upgrade to super tech i think would that be able to suport the pro1 cam
By bks84
92dxeg wrote:i have type r springs in my car but i would like to upgrade to super tech i think would that b able to suport the pro1 cam

Yes Supertech springs work with pro series cams. As long as you buy the correct ones.

To stiff of a spring and you can run into accelerated wear on the rocker arms and/or the cams.

Supertech offers two sets of springs for the b-vtec heads. You'll want the ones with lower seat pressure. PN SPR-H1002D.

http://www.supertechperformance.com/cat-ivalves?id=2
By 92dxeg
#327307 ok cool cool also back on the tb subject whats the pros and cons on the alpha tb to the pro series tb ???