B16, B18, B20
By madhatchride
#327050 Ok so i have a coupe i put a b18 in and now i have a lack of a tenperature guage and no gas guage can someobe give me sone guidence on what ti check for [/b]
By brandoff88
#327074 first and formost, wiring and connections, double check those and any grounds you removed, if possible get a volt meter or whatever there called, and make sure your getting power to the guages themselves, if everything checks out may just be the guages them selves.good luck :thumb:
By PirateEG
#337385 About to finally look at them tomorrow.

But After putting in gauge overlays my Fuel and Water temp gauges do not work. They slowly rise all the way up with the car on, but that is it.

Is that a fixable problem or broken gauges?
Last edited by PirateEG on Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
By DeanPant
#337386 when i did my b18c swap those gauges also didnt work, but i found i missed a plug in the under dash fuse box
By PirateEG
#337399 Well it was broken copper wires. I successfully soldered the fuel gauge to work as the wire was broken. But on fuel gauge was disconnected from the post and the solder do not stick to it very well. I was less worried about that since it should not overheat under normal use and I just flushed the coolant.

Finally I do not have to guess at my fuel level!!! :woot:

And besides, I would rather buy a aftermarket temp gauge that has temp readings on it.