B16, B18, B20
By madhatchride
#324852 Ok so guy my dreams of finally boosting my car have been shot down again when i realized even thought i have turbo innercooler piping wastegate manifold most of the parts i need that a tune n ecu setup will be more n my budget is gone due to a 89 n a 55 from my last swapped hatch :/ so what im gettin ar is how well will my stock p28 run my b18b swap
Last edited by madhatchride on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Fada Blayne
#324865 It will run it fine, but you'll have a check engine light
By madhatchride
#324883 Will i be able to tell a diffirence in power between it and my other b18b swap with a p75?
By Fada Blayne
#324904 No you won't. It will run richer though so you'll smell more fuel
By bks84
#324906 Get it chipped and have a ls base map installed.

Or sell/trade the p28 for a p75 and have no worries...
By HeikDiesel
Fada Blayne wrote:No you won't. It will run richer though so you'll smell more fuel

I don't think this is correct.
By Fada Blayne
HeikDiesel wrote:
Fada Blayne wrote:No you won't. It will run richer though so you'll smell more fuel

I don't think this is correct.

for some reason i was thinking of a p72 ecu, my bad. but once again it will run the car fine until WOT where it will start leaning out. :thumb:
By bks84
#324978 Well, a better option to me is to offer the P28 for sale or trade and then get the correct ecu, so youre not having any issues.
By madhatchride
#326682 would anyone want to trade me a p75 lol?
By HagerSol
#326801 I have a p28 on my obd1 b18b chipped and tuned it works great. Save the hassle of trading, you'll want a tune on any ecu you get anyway no?
By madhatchride
#327694 got the right p75 but it still acts like it has no power and stumbles
By HeikDiesel
#327700 Pull your intake tube off and start your car. Put your hand over the throttle body to completely seal the intake. Your car should die very quickly. If it doesn't, you have some vacuum leaks somewhere.
By madhatchride
#327714 could it make my car run awful ?