B16, B18, B20
By hondamonstercrew
#324495 im having a bit of trouble with figuring out what wiring loom i will need for my b16a2 conversion they engine is out of a 1998 pre facelift ek
ill be droping it into my eg3 which is still b13 carb i just need to know what wire harness or loom ill need and will i have to cut and solder wires toghether for the dash and stuff

i am clueless with wiring so i was wondering if you guys could help me out here
By bks84
#324596 im not familiar with the carb setup on hondas (or any of that crap), but in the states we just typically reuse the harness that is original to the car, then modify from there. in my case, i had to add a knock sensor.

i do believe though, or at least read in someone else thread that you need the fuel tank and lines since carb'd cars are setup different than the EFI cars.
By kylenjdm93
bks84 wrote:im not familiar with the carb setup on hondas (or any of that crap), but in the states we just typically reuse the harness that is original to the car, then modify from there. in my case, i had to add a knock sensor.

i do believe though, or at least read in someone else thread that you need the fuel tank and lines since carb'd cars are setup different than the EFI cars.

holy balls a eg3?? man haven't seen on in the states but have seen one in Canada,

he is right. you will need to use a fuel injected eg's fuel tank and pump to start with.

also, the wire harness is almost the same as a dual point in a ef not a multi point fuel system.

the pain less way for you since you are not good with electricle (most people suck at it anyway)

purchase a ej1 under dash harness, and engine bay harness to boot.

you will also need a main relay as im not sure what relay your eg3 has....

may as well get the fuse box and all that junk.

in Ireland I have no idea were you could aquire this stuff? maybe a local parting out a wrecked eg?

there is always ebay too.

:thumb:
By kylenjdm93
#324608 for us trying to help you...

civic EG3, for those of you that don't know.
Its a european model with OBD0 engine management, a single carb D13B2 SOHC engine. manual fuel pump. in dash harness is the same as the ej1's as well.. not to be confused with the harness that has the ecu on it..

esi or vti engine loom and under dash loom will work was wondering around a few brit forums and found some info, you can do an in line fuel pump with your original tank, but not sure how this will work out for you, you could try googling eg3 inline fuel pump... see what you get, here is the link I got for you,

I wouldn't take everything these guys are saying 100% as I have found a lot of it to be false information in there...

but non the less.. here ya go

http://www.civiclife.net/board/topic/11 ... -how-easy/

here is how a guy did his eg3 to b18c swap with external pump

http://www.hondacivicforum.co.uk/viewto ... 21&t=25068

and here is another one full of some info for you

http://www.civiclife.net/board/topic/12 ... -into-eg3/

hope these help you out friend. :thumb:
By hondamonstercrew
#324924 thanks a million and believe it or not its probably as easy to find eg aaand in general honda parts over here as japan (slight overcomp but its easy)
see irelaand went through a massive surge of importing cars for the boy racer scene and also domestic use

dont believe me check this out guys look up honda civic on the motor section of this site :hehe:

www.donedeal.ie
By kylenjdm93
#324934 nice man