B16, B18, B20

which cams should i do?

71%
29%
N/A
By {ikon}EM1
#323866 So im in the market for more power and was considering cams, cam gears, springs and retainers... but dont know where to begin so i need to know your imput on whitch cams are better than others.. i want the stock reliability but also want power also...

I was considering skunk2,buddyclub, or blox

Edit... i forgot to mention what setup i have... its a jdm b20 block with gsr head and gsr tranny
By blk92hb
#323901 ive used sk2 in my z6 and i loved it. im looking at the pro 1's for my b16 and from what ive read they are alittle more aggressive then itr's cams
By Fada Blayne
#324169 i've actually been wondering about this same question... Skunk 2 cams have however been proven but supposedly the BC3 cams make a smoother powerband curve. dont even waste ur time considering the blox cams.

my setup is basically a high compression lsvtec, just dont want to jump the gun and wind up disappointed.
By Uknterror
#324286 I recommend DDTech. They are custom application but they are made to how YOU want it. The results are almost always over skunk2/blox. Blox and skunk 2 are the same btw
By bks84
Uknterror wrote:I recommend DDTech. They are custom application but they are made to how YOU want it. The results are almost always over skunk2/blox. Blox and skunk 2 are the same btw

+1 for DDtech / ALL M0T0R on HT...

What ever cams you run, make sure you use the correct springs.

You might wanna do some research aad make sure the stock block B20 can take a bigger cam. Read this thread http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2704027&page=2, on page 2 theres mention that the stock reliefs arent big enough for any cam bigger than ITR's. Just food for thought.

Theres no real reason to cam your motor on stock compression. Id look into upping the compression a tad and then cam it.

If youre buying cams and gears, might as well find someone to install them and degree to take full advantage of the cam.

Heres a decent thread on why degreeing is important. http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1883019

I like miller's reply most.

[QUOTE=miller;26149074]It has nothing to do with the size of the camshaft, this is something i have heard people say you dont need to do and that its over rated in an honda engine becasue you wont gain any power by doing it and yad yada yada. But that is totally false as most people should know. It does not matter the size of the cam in question when degreeing it in, that is all irrevelevant as the degreeing of your Camshaft simply means that you are synching the cams position with the cranks. A few degrees off can affect the engine's operation drastically. It does not matter how big or small the cam is.

Those pimp cam gears everybody buys are just for show

[/QUOTE]
By {ikon}EM1
#324379 @ bks84

Will that matter if i have a different head??? Cus i have a b18c1 gsr head on a b20 block...
I mean i was considering cp pistons to boost up compression but i didnt want to go all out of budget thats y i wanted to do cams first b4 pistons...
By bks84
#324401 Compression might go up a tad using agsr head but not enough to take advantage of any good cam.

I'm using supertech 12.5:1 shelf pistons in my b20v. They offer a piston with 11:1 as well. Readily available and about $390 for a set with rings and Wrist pins. I'm also using eagle rods.

If you can use oe rods you definitely want to upgrade rod bolts.
By Fada Blayne
#324714 Bk wat cams you running in ur setup?
By bks84
#324726 I use a variant (modified exhaust specs) of the Rocket M24's I got through DDtech (since RM is no longer around)
By Fada Blayne
#324728 oh i see, been looking around for a set of used RM's but no luck :(
By bks84
#324731 buy mine! made 227/153 revvin to 9200. not even 2000 miles on them. i wanna upgrade to a set of DD's reapers and see what else is in my motor.
By Fada Blayne
#324765 How much you want for them? And wat are the specs of the cam, I'm interested