B16, B18, B20
By JaayDeeEmm
#323660 Alright guys a week ago my dizzy started making weird noises and it came from my dizzy. I kept on driving for another day then my car started fucking up bad. It would buck and jerk and struggle to go like every time I would press the gas pedal further than 1/4 down it would bog like erratically and if you kept pressing the gas pedal down.. it would sometimes clear up.. it doesn't do it when you press the gas pedal lightly.
shortly after that I got a new dizzy. Put it on .. noises stop.. but my problem is STILL happening. I can't tell whether it got better or not.. it SEEMS better..
Could my timing be off? When the car has been driven for maybe 10-15minutes. Turn my car off and there's this pinging sound.. like every 1-2 seconds for several minutes...
I brought it to a local mechanic and he told me he's thinking it's my TPS... my throttle is .4 when closed.. and 4.3 when opened.. if I remember those numbers are pretty close in range.. could my TPS just be going out on me?
Also this problem ONLY happens when my car is warmed up.. so maybe after 5-10 minutes.. it begins.
I can't be without this car it is my daily.
Also.. when my car isn't warmed up.. and I drive it.. my idle goes up and down.. between 1.5k -2k.. from what I've been researching it COULD be my IACV. But in those circumstances ... it shouldn't be doing those problems I mentioned..
I ordered a new Blox TPS from ebay. It should be here Saturday. I'll keep you guys updated.
Thanks guys. Please help me!!!!!!![size=12]
[/size] :(
By JaayDeeEmm
#323775 bump.. no one really? can help? god I'm screwed. -__-;;
By uranusog
#323801 it sounds like the tps in the video the same thing happened to my 92 yoda pickup sounded the same ended up being the tps
By JaayDeeEmm
uranusog wrote:it sounds like the tps in the video the same thing happened to my 92 yoda pickup sounded the same ended up being the tps

yo did you have the same symptoms of mine? do you really think it is because im getting my tps tomorrow. i hope it is!
By uranusog
#323916 From what you posted in the video it sounds the same. But like I said that was on a toyota pickup. I don't know much about the b16 only b18s. Is it obd 1 or 2? Let me know man hope you can get it sorted
By JaayDeeEmm
uranusog wrote:From what you posted in the video it sounds the same. But like I said that was on a toyota pickup. I don't know much about the b16 only b18s. Is it obd 1 or 2? Let me know man hope you can get it sorted

yo pretty much the same lol.. it's obd1..
By uranusog
#323919 Do you have a pic of the tps