B16, B18, B20
By xhardlinerx
#323578 This is a Japanese block for those who will ask about a vin plate, this won't have one.

Jdm b16b built block stock sleeves. Right around 9:1 comp ratio.

Ls 89mm stroke, still retained the oil squirters also.

Wiseco forged pistons 81.5 mm.

Has all acl race bearings rod, main, and thrust.

Ls eagle rods with the upgraded bigger arp rod bolts.

New arp head bolts.

Block guard was installed.

Block was bored and honed at HB & E. They also set the piston to wall clearance to wiseco spec for boost.

Oil clearances were all checked and are perfect. Rods and crank were mic'd out also.

B16 built head.

Brand new honda oem valve seals for both intake and exhaust.
Brand new supertech dual valve springs and titanium retainers part number sprh100dr.

Head is ported and polished.

Jdm itr cams.

Evolution adjustable cam gears with arp bolts.

Engine is assembled have pics of everything that went into the build. Has new oil pump seal, rear main, and cam seals.

Asking $2000 or best reasonable offer. I was gonna put it in my car with a ball bearing 60-1 but the guy I bought the turbo from totally screwed me over cuz it has blown seals. So it will be a long while before I would have any use for this engine.

I copied and pasted this from the sellers ad. I have not looked at the engine yet and I think something could be wrong with it because of why he is selling it for so cheap.

I already have a b16 from HMO in excellent shape, but I was looking for a spare engine that needs to be rebuilt for cheap that can be built for boost. I want to get a B18C1 (GSR), I probably will not get a B18B due to reviews on LSVTEC.
Last edited by xhardlinerx on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
By JUICE
#323582 If it comes with a bunch of paperwork from machine shops and the guy is willing to meet you AT HIS HOUSE, I'd say go for it. Only thing I don't like is the block guard. I don't care if its professionally installed or not, they're junk.

Have you talked to this guy over the phone yet? Just trust your gut!
By xhardlinerx
JUICE wrote:If it comes with a bunch of paperwork from machine shops and the guy is willing to meet you AT HIS HOUSE, I'd say go for it. Only thing I don't like is the block guard. I don't care if its professionally installed or not, they're junk.

This guy lives in a big city town that is 4 hours away from my big city town.
He posted the ad in my town and his town. He is coming to my town for the weekend for some tuning school class.

I asked the guy if my friends could install the motor in my car and then run it for a hour to see if it was good. He said that is okay with him if I had cash in hand.

The thing that is fishy about this is that he posted on the ad he doesnt want the motor anymore just because some guy screwed him over on a bad turbo. I mean turbos arent that expensive, all you have to do is buy another turbo and your set. He said he had a B18C1 motor that has built sleeves so he is going to run that instead of the b16b.

The guy doesnt have any receipts but he said he will take apart the engine and show me everything that is listed because he built this engine himself.
He said he would find the Machine shop receipt that did his machine work.
By Apexracing
xhardlinerx wrote:
JUICE wrote:If it comes with a bunch of paperwork from machine shops and the guy is willing to meet you AT HIS HOUSE, I'd say go for it. Only thing I don't like is the block guard. I don't care if its professionally installed or not, they're junk.

He posted the ad in my town and his town. He is coming to my town for the weekend for some tuning school class.

I asked the guy if my friends could install the motor in my car and then run it for a hour to see if it was good. He said that is okay with him if I had cash in hand.

The thing that is fishy about this is that he posted on the ad he doesnt want the motor anymore just because some guy screwed him over on a bad turbo. I mean turbos arent that expensive, all you have to do is buy another turbo and your set. He said he had a B18C1 motor that has built sleeves so he is going to run that instead of the b16b.

The guy doesnt have any receipts but he said he will take apart the engine and show me everything that is listed because he built this engine himself.

You can buy a k series motor for that much, pass :thumbdown:
By Fada Blayne
#323828 He cam buy a k for that price but it will cost more to get it running I'm his shell... Look further into it and if it looks legit go for it. I agree eliminate the block guard. Good luck! :thumb:
By xhardlinerx
Apexracing wrote:
xhardlinerx wrote:

You can buy a k series motor for that much, pass :thumbdown:

I dont want to get a k series motor because it will be expensive to install and boost and mod. I havent seen any k20 motors for 2000 that were in good condition
By Apexracing
Fada Blayne wrote:He cam buy a k for that price but it will cost more to get it running I'm his shell... Look further into it and if it looks legit go for it. I agree eliminate the block guard. Good luck! :thumb:

Not much more man, i know all about k's man. And i'm telling you he can do better than some one's half as built tiny b16.
By xhardlinerx
#323832 So hes going to put that engine in his truck and drive 4 hours to my town to go to that class. Then Im going to look at that engine. Right now i'm trying to find the time for my friends to take out my engine and install his.

But really im focusing on how the specifications of how his engine was built. I dont want to get screwed over, but if i do , $2000 for a rebuilt b16b engine isnt that bad right?

I really wanted to get a 1.8 liter b18c1, but if this b16b is right then I will take it.
By Apexracing
#323833 Its hard to make good torque with a b16. did he say what the final bore was? Also what will you use to be tuning this setup?
By xhardlinerx
#323835 I will call him and ask. I thought that the LS rods and LS Crank were to try to make up for the lack of torque. I will use hondata.
By Apexracing
xhardlinerx wrote:I will call him and ask. I thought that the LS rods and LS Crank were to try to make up for the lack of torque. I will use hondata.

Honestly tho, without receipts how can you even prove its not stolen? Atleast have him provide something. And talk him down a bit. Risking 1000-1500 is better than 2000$
By xhardlinerx
#323839 Yes, most definitely I will try to talk him down. I seen a b18c1 on craigslist that still claims the motor still ran and had high miles for $900 but someone already bought it.

So even If i do get screwed on a bad build, a b16b for $1500 wouldnt be that bad to rebuild im guessing. Im not doing the rebuilding my friend does that.