B16, B18, B20
By MarkCayabyab
#322786 Hey guys so let's start out with the basics. My car is a 94 VX and the engine it originally came off of was the d15z1. Decided to swap an OBDI 95 gsr. So i got everything even an OBDI p72 ecu. I'm using my original harness. I know for Vx's you need to rewire a few things in order to get rid of CEL and for the car to run properly. For the VX you need to rewire the 5 wire O2 sensor to a 4 wire. But my harness originally had a 4 wire O2 sensor so i'm guess that knocks out me rewiring the O2 sensor. Now here's the problem. I have CEL 23 and 1. Cel 23 is the knock sensor and cel 1 has to do something with the O2 sensor. I replaced the O2 sensor so i think the reason why i'm getting CEL 1 is due to the knock sensor giving me a CEL. So my question is http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=644434 do i have to do that still even tho i have a 4 wire O2 sensor? I could just easily replace the knock sensor with a new one but i'd rather make sure if wiring could be the possible solution to my problem. Please and thanks everyone!
By bks84
#322872 Try it and see if it helps.