B16, B18, B20
By bnuttall
#321684 okay well back again with my b17 lsv. the problem is that when i start up my car it idles just fine between 500-1000. when the motor starts to warm up and i drive it drops all the way down too 100 rpms when im at a light or in neutral then it stays there. i checked my intake put a different intake head so it gets more air cleaned my throttle body. checked my throttle . and im checking the if there's a vacuum leak tomorrow. did anyone run into this issue before ? i do have a bad head gasket so could that be the issue if i lost compression ? i have been looking up ideas just dont know where else to go. thanks in advance guys.
By bks84
#322050 id fix known issues and go from there.

not sure if a bad headgasket could cause a low idle.
By bnuttall
#322055 yeah that was what i was thinking. but i'm just waiting for everything to come in for the head gasket . i bought a cometic hg, gates performance timing belt, water pump, and tensioner. plus arp lsv head studs. then me and my friend are going to do all the work . what kind of springs and retainers should i go with ? anything you would recommend ?
By bks84
#322116 I'd return the cometic and buy an OEM headgasket.

I use Supertech in my b20v. You two different springs to choose from. Make sure you pick the right one.
By bnuttall
#322269 why return the cometic head gasket? im just wondering i was told to buy it from a friend who knows alot about these cars. ?
By bks84
#322275 I've always had better luck with oem gaskets over aftermarket. Especially head gaskets.