B16, B18, B20
By bnuttall
#321358 so i was checking my oil and could see around the oil cap and the inner threads was like a milky sludge then i check my line going from the valve cover to my air intake and in the hose there was so same milky sludge. ? what could this be i heard its my head gasket but i do not smoke my car runs good. stays cool. and my radiator keeps coolant. i been looking up what it could be and i cannot find a solution so any help ? thanks in advance
By swich
#321359 is the slug on the dip stick? sound like HG to me
By bnuttall
#321360 theres no sludge on the dipstick the oil looks clean too
By rustyrex
#321367 I've never had a B series but, with any car I have owned that has had this problem it has always been moisture of some kind. I used cheap oil before and there was actually water inside the bottle and I didn't notice it until my next oil change. On my d16 I had a super super small head gasket leak that didn't show up when I tested the radiator for pressure or when I used a bulb tester. I found out about it when I pulled the head to get it clean. A head gasket leak can actually be small enough that you barely lose coolant but even a minute amount of coolant in the oil can cause this. Could also be that the oil cap isn't sealing all the way and hitting puddles or even washing your engine can let water it.
By rustydx
#321369 Sounds like head gasket
By rootbeer_eg
#321383 you have a washed out head gasket
happened to me , my car ran perfectly fine aswell

but when time came to it when i had to do the head gasket i had to get the head decked
By bnuttall
#321440 okay well should i get to this right away or can i just take my time because i am going to just do the timing belt , water pump, tensioner, all the seals, and maybe springs and retainers. i just bought a 81mm cosmetic head gasket for my b17 lsv . is that the right size? and how much would it be to get my head decked ? just a estimate. and thanks