B16, B18, B20
By bnuttall
#319566 i been seeing alot of information about which one for a good output on a turbo car, so i thought maybe i would get some knowledge from this site. i plan on going high compression somewhere in the 12's area. would that be good on supreme gass or is the compression to high? all motor is my goal over time i will hit the marker then why not just throw a turbo on it nothing crazy . so even tho that doesnt involve what im asking i just wanna know what is better ? i was told high compression on a low amount of turbo will blow out low comp cars with higher turbo then what i have ? so anyone think they can help me out? thanks.
By bks84
#319672 I could be wrong... but 12:1 on boost may not feasible on pump gas - AKA supreme.
By nd1983
#319674 if your gonna boost i wouldn't got over 11:1. but even then why not just run a 10.5:1 so you don't mess up your motor in the long run, otherwise you could be rebuilding all the time with 12:1
By Uknterror
#319717 In the old days everyones compression ratio was around 8:1, 8.5:1 or 9:1 with high boost. The scene is still evolving and now people are using (few years back but now being used more) is "high" compression with "low" boost to make more efficient power and med to small turbos with modified housings to act like bigger turbos. Highest ive seen is 11:1 compression, mostly people who choose to build there own block are now using 9:1 and 9.5:1 on normal street builds. Keep in mind NONE of this would be possible without the innovations in tuning software and tuners being able to utilize and use.
By Uknterror
#319718 If your gonna do 12:1 comp you might as well just stay N/A and throw some n2o behind it afterwards