B16, B18, B20
By bnuttall
#318803 so im looking to get a bare gsr head for my lsv. i already have a gsr head on my lsv i just want one to build on the side for later. i've been searching for what to get on it and i wanting opinions on what to get. as in valves , retainers , cams. and anything else needed to build this. i'm looking to get it ported and polish also. im also looking to go all motor high compression in the mid 12's . i been researching just want some opinions thats all. thanks guys
By bks84
#318892 Who do you plan on having port it? I used Endyn and pretty pleased with the results. So much so that I'll probably send my next head to them as well.

As for other stuff, I use Supertech springs, retainers, and valves.

12:1 compression isn't really enough to help decide on cams, so what are you planning on doing with the car?
By bnuttall
#319192 what i really want out of the car is to have build knowledge off of it. i dont wanna go all out and turbo it to take it on the track just a nast daily driver that will smoke half the cars on the streets. i'm not interested to build a race car just something fast and fun. what compression would be good if i want to fully build my head? and would the car run good if i have a built head and dont build the bottom? thanks for the help