B16, B18, B20
By bnuttall
#318255 okay so i have an 95 coupe lsv , i'm trying to gain some horsepower and i been looking at things about both these topics . im just looking for some advice about lsv's and hondata and the vtec controller. the vtec controller came with the car but its not hooked up. i was thinking about hooking it up becasue i didnt realize what you can do with it. but then people told me to sell that and do Hondata , so why not do both? whats the problems with the apexi vtec contoller also. thanks for the help .
By JDMD15B
#318260 once you get the car tuned on hondata on neptune or another program along those lines it needs to be left alone.if you get it tuned in hondata you wont gain anything by using the vtec controller after you could acctually hurt the car. and run the risk of just blowing it up. once tuned timing and fuel maps are set to specific values if you put on the vtec controller you will be changing those values. sell the vtec controller and get it tuned right
By bks84
#318270 vtec controllers were introduced before programmable ECU's came around.

using em in conjunction is pointless. if your engine is tuned with vtec set at a certain point, then there is no real gains in lowering it or raising it.
By TrailerTrash
#318278 you cant go wrong with hondata :thumb:
By bnuttall
#318298 okayy thanks guys . im just going to sell the vtec controller. for my car should i build it more as in better internals for hondata ? and what version of hondata is good for a lsv i was told s300