B16, B18, B20
By kapow
#317745 Hey guys, I have

JDM B16 head
AUDM B18C2 block (oem crank and rods)
PR3 pistons with 1mm shaved off the top
Skunk2 Stage 1 cams

With the 1mm shaved off the PR3 pistons i'm hoping to get a similar compression ratio to a jdm ITR. I will be using the stock oem cam gears, so I won't be dialing it in. What would my compression be with this combo? Do you think I need to clay my motor? Any input I much appreciate it
By asianrob
#317747 i dont imagine you would need to.
By HeikDiesel
#317750 Shaved pistons? Any more info on this? Are you sure you aren't talking about the head being milled?
By kapow
HeikDiesel wrote:Shaved pistons? Any more info on this? Are you sure you aren't talking about the head being milled?

The head hasn't been touched. My engine builder thinks the compression will be a bit high for my local gas, so he shaved 1mm off each piston so it comes down close to the compression of an ITR
By HeikDiesel
#317791 I'd be curious to see how they do this since the piston isn't flat. Kinda hard to just shave 1mm off evenly
Last edited by HeikDiesel on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By asianrob
#317797 you shouldn't need to clay it since there are people (including my self at one point) ran CTR pistons in similar set up with no problems. and if you seen CTR pistons they are pretty domed.

check your other thread for the compression ratio chart.

but anyways if you are wanting CR close to an ITR you can use ITR pistons P73 or a little bit higher CR you can use the P73A pistons (JDM ITR)

i would clay it if you were running CTR pistons with a High lift cam. but with the stuff that you have listed you will be fine.