B16, B18, B20
By BrownWolph
#317142 Sup!

I would like to know exactly what I need to put a B18B in my 92 civic.

http://www.jdmtigerjapanese.com/honda-a ... n-94.html#

This come with Motor, Trans, ECU, Wire harness and shipping for $1300.00
I figure I need to buy axles too.

BUT!
Please tell me this will be a direct fit with no extra work. Looking for a straight drop.

Thank you!
By asianrob
#317152 IIRC you will need the 92-93 auto transmission to fit in our cars.
By BrownWolph
asianrob wrote:IIRC you will need the 92-93 auto transmission to fit in our cars.

So the B18B auto Trans will not work in my EG?
By asianrob
BrownWolph wrote:
asianrob wrote:IIRC you will need the 92-93 auto transmission to fit in our cars.

from what i've read the 94+ trans wont fit in there properly. but the 90-93 trans will fit perfectly.
By BrownWolph
#317591 Can I use the D16Y8 trans that is in there now?
By chrono404
asianrob wrote:
BrownWolph wrote:

from what i've read the 94+ trans wont fit in there properly. but the 90-93 trans will fit perfectly.

x2

BrownWolph wrote:Can I use the D16Y8 trans that is in there now?

Possibly, however you will need an adapter plate that noone makes, as well as a custom flexplate. If you have a machine shop its possible, however will take a while. If you dont have a machine shop, or access to one it wont be worth the costs.

Honda D and B Series automatics are slugs. Every one i have driven takes forever to shift, takes forever to downshift, I didn't realise how bad they were until I drove my Dad's 95 toyota corolla (1.8 7age, 4speed auto tranny).

His shifts perfectly, shifts are quick, and it makes for a responsive fun driving car. the Automatic in my WRX is very similar to that of his toyota in that it shifts quickly, downshifts perfectly. My WRX tranny shifts faster then any human could shift. its amazing. Then I get into my mom's 01 auto integra, Slow sloppy shifts, doens't want to down shift, just uncool.

Honda F and H Series auto's are not bad, they shift alot better. Not the same calabiar as my WRX or my dad's toyota transmision. However much better the D's and B's.

My recomedation would be looking into a Honda F Series auto to swap in. You will have to fab atleast one mount, but if your going to do an automatic swap, make it a worth while swap.

No Automatic Transmission honda swap will be a direct swap for 2 major reasons:
1) Wiring and TCU's. - You need to wire in your a new TCU to control your new transmission, which means swapping harness and they wont line up perfectly and will requeire soldering or depinning.
2) No automatic mounts for swapping a different series transmission. The company that make mounts due it for the largest group, people swapping in a new engine for more power. they do not support automatics.

Sorry bro, This wont be what you want. You can do a 5speed swap, however if some reason you cant drive a manual or use a clutch you wont easily be able to swap in a more powerful engine/trans. Honda 5speeds are some of the nicest manual transmissions i have shifted. Right up there with MX5 Miata's if you have good bushings.
By Quence
#318313 I did this swap to my 93 eg like 2 years ago. b20 actually.