B16, B18, B20
By MarkCayabyab
#316821 so this guy wants to sell his GSR engine for 900 bucks flat. He said he's willing to do bill of sale. and i told him i need the vin number the car motor came from, car title, identifying number on motor, and mileage. And he said he doesn't have any of those because he got the engine off a DA. And that all of this isn't needed. Tried looking everywhere for the answers i need but couldn't find it. So my question is "Is it really true that i dont need any of these information due to the engine already being swapped onto a different car(his DA.)" Really don't know what to put on the bill of sale. Followed this link http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2710655
By FG2_Andrew
#316825 For a few hundred more, buy an imported motor.
By bks84
#316834 I dont know where "Milpitas" is, but in my area, none of that is necessary unless the car has a salvage title and youre rebuilding it in order to restore the title.

So, aside from that, if the condition of the engine is good, I'd swoop it for $900. Just make sure you check it out thoroughly.
By chrono404
#316974 Most people with sways wont have all of that info.

I kept my reciept for when I bought my imported JDM B20. as well as a Bill of Sale on my other engines that came of CL. However I have never needed that info.

The GSR probally came out of a car when they replaced the GSR with a K or H Series engine, so they wont get the title.

As mentioned above getting a JDM engine for not much more off of Tiger Japanese or H Motors is not a bad idea. That will give you a Receipt. I cant think of when that wont do it for you.
By asianrob
#316992 run the serial number on it.
By MarkCayabyab
#317478 chrono404- thanks man appreciate it! Did as much research as i can and supposedly 94-95 GSR's don't have vin numbers engraved on the engine but only have stickers with vin numbers on it. But then again it's most likely going to fall off. I made a bill of sale with the guy. But i'm not sure how far could that get me especially if the engine is considered "hot"

asianrob-i actually tried doing that. I called my local PD office and they said they can't do that so i would have to call the DMV. Attempted to call DMV twice and finally got a hold of a technician and he said that" they can't do it their. They can only run VIN numbers. They told me to call CHP and i called 4 CHP's. San Jose, Stockton, Fremont and Santa Fe Springs CHP and the only one that told me what i could do is Santa Fe Springs CHP. BUT they said to bring the engine over there and they could run it... That's like a 6 hour drive from where i live.

My last hope is my cousin's boyfriend who's a cop who can run the serial number for me other than that. I need help guys! My only last option is to take it to the cops and telling them my situation but i don't want to end up going to jail for stolen possession that i didn't know of. If only i can talk to someone who actually experienced the same situation then that would be great.
By bigJOE671
#317506 Sounds like a lot of trouble you can get into.

If it was me I would just buy a motor from a reputable website like Hmotorsonline :thumb:
Plus you get a receipt and you know the motor is not "HOT"
By MarkCayabyab
#317511 BigJOE671- as much as I would, I can't afford to buy engines off those websites. That's why I bought the engine in the first place. Sucks to be a college student :thumbdown:
By kapow
#317970 Make sure you get him to write a receipt, stating his name and licence number, the date of sale and how much and a signature.