B16, B18, B20
By jj_summers87
#316810 Hey guys i have a 95 dx with b15b7 that the rings are fried and am wanting to do a swap. But i cant decide between a b20 or a b18. Mainly im looking for ease and some good
power gain. Any sugestions please let me know what your thoughts are.
By TrailerTrash
#316811 nothing would be easier than a Z6 swap :thumb:
By chrono404
TrailerTrash wrote:nothing would be easier than a Z6 swap :thumb:

x2

d16z6 is a good solid sway. a JDM ZC VTEC is the same thing and is not a bad way to go.

If you get a B16 or a b18C GSR Transmission the B Series will be faster, If you have a LS b18b transmission, Both the B20 and the B18 will be slower then a D16z6 and an EX transmission.

B20's have more Torque and it comes on quicker. I love b20's. If your going to be staying N/A a B20 is a good way to go. The B18 is a more solid choice if you plan on boost down the road as its cylinder walls are 33% Thicker.

Nutshell:
Easist swap - USDM D16z6 or JDM ZC VTEC(same engine)
Middle diffaculity - B20/b16 tranny(staying N/a) or B18/b18c Tranny(going boost)
Hardest Diffaculity H22a Swap. Great Torque and high end power. Very fast in light civics.

I had a JDM B20b and a B16 Transmission in my delsol, It was pretty fast, Faster then a GSR with a socalled built head(GSR Trans) in an EG hatch, as well as my Buddys H22a Accord and my Subaru WRX when it was stock.
By jj_summers87
#317047 You have really helped me. IM going with the b20 with a gsr tranny i have the oppertunity to buy thus set up fir just a couple hundred with low miles from a friend.thanks guys.