B16, B18, B20
By fitimio
#315361 I need some advice people :P I want to build a jdm b18c(non type r) turbo motor. I was thinking about going stock compression with forged wiseco (K566M81) pistons, or Supertech (P4-H81-P6) pistons. Anyone have know anything about supertech, they any good, i know they make good valvtrain kits... Eagle rods(or anything else you would recommend for cheaper). (cosmetic head gasket, can i reuse? and arp studs) Then i was thinking about going with blox camshaft(i dont understand the different stages if anyone could explain, they are same price) or ITR cams, or Crower cams. I was thinking about keeping the same chipped p72 ecu and getting it tuned at the shop. I dont know what kind of turbo charger to go with, but i want to make more low end(starting at 2k rpm) torque. then I was going to go with a cast iron manifold, but i dont know... I want it to be a daily driver, and be VERY RELIABLE! I was thinking about going with 450 or 550 cc injectors (255lb fuel pump installed) , keeping my skunk 2 pro intake manifold. I would be REALLY REALLY happy with 325hp, 300lbf·ft, at around 8 to 10 psi on 11.2:1 compression (stock), or should i really drop to 9:1. I just want the engine to do the work, not just force a bunch of air in the engine to make power....
By bks84
#316129 Im using Supertech pistons in my engine (NA B20V), the machine shop I used to do the work on my block, had good things to say about their build qaulity and they all spec'd as they should . However, most all of my friends have used CP pistons in their turbo builds along with Eagle rods.

I cant offer much insight on what turbo to use...

A lot of the locals use RC injectors usually 440's, with GSR cams, and typically they always lower the compression ratio to below 10:1. There are many reasons why.

compression in your GSR is not 11:1 stock, should be more like 10.2:1.

I wouldnt use anything other than a Honda headgasket. I've used cometics in the past and have had issues with them leaking. ARP headstuds are tried and true, you can't go wrong.