B16, B18, B20
By madhatchride
#315051 ok so i have a b18b1 its obd2 im pretty sure come out of a 99 integra gs when i start it the idle goes to 5 grand and sets there. on top of my intake there is a hole that if u cover it brings it to a stall.. am i missing a sensor here or a vaccum line or something?
By teal_dx
#315052 First I would check to see if the throttle cable is too tight, not letting the throttle body close completely. Throttle cable can be adjusted on the bracket on top of the intake manifold or on the inside of the firewall by the gas pedal if you need additional slack.
By madhatchride
#315054 thats the first thing i checked figured it probably was hung up but everything was fine still have the idle issue
By bradleyg
#315081 Just wondering, have you tried to pull the gas pedal up toward you? Sometimes my buddy's car idles real high then he pulls the pedal up and it goes back to normal.
By madhatchride
#315099 yes i have already tried this. it did not work. could it be the map sensor?
By bigpunn421
#315213 if it idles constant high you have a leak somewhere. or atleast that would be the first thing i check.

could be sticky throttle body?

the hole on the TB is for the iacv. almost sure of it. it could be messed up too but usually its for high idle of 2k rpm or surging idle. give it a look and clean it
By bks84
madhatchride wrote:ok so i have a b18b1 its obd2 im pretty sure come out of a 99 integra gs when i start it the idle goes to 5 grand and sets there. on top of my intake there is a hole that if u cover it brings it to a stall.. am i missing a sensor here or a vaccum line or something?

a hole on your intake manifold? if its a relatively large nipper your plugging up and its stalling, then it could possibly be that your Brake Booster vacuum line has been disconnected...

this is what im talking about...

Take a picture if it and post it...

bigpunn is referring to these holes