B16, B18, B20
By Godspeed_eg8
#314818 first off all this started out one day when my dizzy just out of no where died. I thought it was because i had no gas(i was kinda on empty) and i went to go get gas at my house that i thought was good but had come out of a car that was sitting for a year and a half . After all that work , i find out it was my dizzy that went and i found a replacement the next day . I out it on and it started right up . I let it warm up and take it for a rip and right when i hit 3000 rpm it bogs out like its not igniting any fuel. But the dizzy it brand new same with wires and plugs . I thought that it might have been a fuel delivery problem but i changed my fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator , and also changed the ecu, IAC and throttle body to see if that would do anything and still nothing.i cant seem to find the problem maybe some one can help me . :cry:
By asianrob
#314821 check your timing? any CELS?
By Godspeed_eg8
#314830 yea i just checked the timing and its still fine right where it should be. and the codes i get is just for o2 because i dont have it pluged in.
By bigpunn421
#315214 is it mixing oil and coolant?

did you check the fuel pressure?

check the timing mechanical and ignition

check if plugs are fouling

check all the sensors with ohm tester
By Godspeed_eg8
#315262 Yea oil and coolant isnt mixing, my fuel presure is high usually in between 70-90 psi when its supposed to be at like 35 psi but the pressure regulator is working fine and timing is perfect also plugs and sensors are fine to no CEL's
By bks84
#315291 when you put the new distributor on, did you set timing back to stock correctly?

how do you know your fuel pressure is at 70-90, do you have a gauge installed or are you guessing? stock, fuel pressure is either 42 or 45.

is your ECU a stock ECU or is it chipped?
By Godspeed_eg8
#315296 well ive never had a problem putting on a dizzy before like the ignition timing is set in the middle not to advanced not to retarted and my fuel pressure , i have a gauge i got off ebay im sure its not reading wrong cause it was reading right before this problem , do you think it might of gotten clogged ? Also my ECU is stock not chipped ... i donno what it could be is there a way to relese pressure?
By Juan Carlos
#315695 Bks84 is right your fuel pressure is not supposed to be what you said lower it to 42psi and see what happens. if you want to release pressure crack you're lying that's going into the fuel rail and turn on ignition to see if you have any fuel coming out.