B16, B18, B20
By berg89
#310535 Well i bought a Automatic 96 integra, an i was wondering what it takes to put this in a 97 ek lx also automatic. I know the basic for swaps. But is it a direct drop in or do i need different mounts etc?
By chrono404
#310707 I recently looked up doing a B Series Swap into an EK for a friend of mine.

The TCU is different from ECU and has to be wired in, 40+ wires from what I have read. You will need an Integra Subframe as the transmission will not clear the subframe. Mounts will be different then normal as Auto mount locations are a tad off.

You would be best off using a B-D Adapter plate and using your existing Automatic Transmission. However Ever Honda B and D Series automatic i have driven always shifts slow and is not a fun automatic. Defentually deserves the "Slushbox" Name.

The Honda H/F Automatic Transmissions shift better then the B and D's. They are not crazy performance trannys but the shifts feel better and are livable. After putting tein suspension on my dads 95 Honda Odyssey (F22 non-vtec automatic) its pretty fun to drive. Not near the fun on my Automatic WRX, however its not bad.

The TCU is in OBD1 Automatic ecu's from the limited research i did, After suggesting swapping in a F22/auto into his GF's car he lost intrest so I stopped my research.

One thing to note, is Honda Automatics have almost no aftermarket support, This includes mounts, wiring, etc. You will have to do some Fabricating to make this work and will most likely not be worth it. Sell the Civic and pick up an Accord with an automatic and be much better off.
By berg89
#310751 Thanks man, i just picked up the integra to sell the swap. the guy that wants to buy it wants to put it in his gf ek. Ive dont even know a single person that would ever do it, but i told him id look into it an see what it took.
Thanks a lot chrono404