B16, B18, B20
By Squirrelman91
#310371 I'm thinking about buying a 94 eg with a 99 b18 and the guy said it might have a head problems theirs bubbles and little oil in the radiator fluied what would cause this problem?[/u]
By poorman type-r
#310378 Needs a new Head Gasket.
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#310380 Yup. Lifted the head and rad fluid is getting into your oil.
By FG2_Andrew
#310425 absolutely not, IMO

if you're gonna even think about messing with the headgasket, you have no idea how long he ran it with it being bad. you might run into warped parts, damage to the internals, etc. i'd offer $1000.. that's if it's clean.
By Squirrelman91
#310541 I don't think it's a headgasket theirs no rad fluid in the oil and it dose not smoke
By poorman type-r
Squirrelman91 wrote:I don't think it's a headgasket theirs no rad fluid in the oil and it dose not smoke

?? Radiator Fluid in the oil? It's the other way around. There is oil in the Radiator fluid... Which means a blown head gasket. It doesn't need to smoke.
By bks84
#310594 is it worth 1700? might be to someone who can do the work. but if you gotta send it somewhere or pay someone to have it done, you might look the other way.

is a headgasket easy to do? imo, yes. but i know how to do one. since youre asking is it easy, im willing to bet you do not.

if you're buying it as a project, then id do it. save up some cash, buy a service manual (haynes for expample) the replacement parts (advance, etc will work just fine in your case). youll for sure need a headgasket, valve cover gasket set, timing belt and water pump kit (should come with water pump w/gasket, timing belt, tensioner and spring), intake manifold gasket and exhaust manifold gasket, new cylinder head bolts (Honda/Acura part only).

Take the head to a reputable cylinder headshop to have it checked for warpage and/or any other issues.
By Stank.EG6.Stay.Nasty
#311829 Not worth 1700 unless paint is in good condition and interior intact
By Squirrelman91
#311833 Well I don't have to worry about the headgasket any more it's getting replaced and so are the rod bearing