B16, B18, B20
By poorman type-r
#309361 Just double checked. Those are correct. ^^
By Hatch-O-Doom
#309362 Thanks man!

I love this fourm!

So looking like Ill be dropping right about a 1G into the head for a rebuild.

Got off the phone with NAPA, They said about $100 to take the valevs out, and put new ones in with springs and retainers.

So far What I have on my order list is:
16 BC Valves.
BC Springs and Retainers
Gates Timing Belt
Golden Eagle 84MM Head Gasket

Plus Ill have to spend another $40 on oil. I have plenty of Coolant here.
Gonna try to tear it apart tonnight to see where I stand with this whole thing.
If The Pistons are damaged I might have to throw in my B20Z in.
Really hoping there is no other damage to anything. if there is... I might cry.

Also Have to figure out my Throttle Cable issue.

Would a bad valve cause the car to not idel on its own, and make me have to hold down the gas?
By EHF22A
#309369 it really all depends on how many valves are bent, if you have a few valves bent it wont turn on at all.
By bks84
#309414 So youre ordering all this stuff and youre not 100% sure its bent valves?
By Hatch-O-Doom
#309488 Well, pulled the head last night and it is not good.
both intake valves are broken on cylinder one, plug was snapped off.
#1 Piston dead. completly ate up.
The Cylinder walls are still good! IDK how that happened, must be cuz I turned the car off right as it happened.

Head is destroyed. when the valves broke it completly destroyed the valve seals. the whole combustion chamber is destroyed. about a 1/4in dents in it. really really bad damage...

Metal shavings went everywhere. through the intake... nothing thankfully went into the exhaust and didnt do any damage there.

So Gonna order some Wisco Pistons, Eagle rods, ACL Bearings. have to order a brand new GSR head. :x

This sucks that this happened. im kinda pissed at my self.

but ill have a much safer car now.
By poorman type-r
#309491 Damn dude :thumbdown: . That sucks, sorry to hear about that.

Well after you install all those parts you will almost have a fully built Turbo B20V.
By brandoff88
#309529 well at least it didnt damage the block...thats always a plus...i remember when my wifes chrysler new yorker got this werid noise sounded like something rattling around in the head...parked it took the left valve cover off and the valve train was worked so hard it litterly tore the housing for the valve train right out of the head and trashed it....how it was running on half an engine... :? lol
By Hatch-O-Doom
#309558 Well Wisco 8.8-1 Pistons ordered :)
Manly H-Beam rods

and piston rings everything ordered and on the way
By poorman type-r
#309564 How much boost are you going to run?
By bks84
#309569 Bent/broken valves suck, thats for sure. Been there, done that. Mine broke at 9800 :(
By Hatch-O-Doom
poorman type-r wrote:How much boost are you going to run?

Ill be running only about 20psi maybe more depending on the tune.
but that all depends on what the guy who tunes the motor says.

bks84 wrote:Bent/broken valves suck, thats for sure. Been there, done that. Mine broke at 9800 :(

First time breaking a valve(s) for me, I have destroyed piostons, put a rod through a block, snapped cams, but never broke a valve.

Whats crazy is the valves that snapped, took the Valve seals with them...never seen that happen.
Well this gives me a chance to get a built Head, 1000CC injectors, and my Pistons, rods,

And then Ill have pretty much a built motor. execpt sleevs, which I would love to do, but just dont have funds for that and need the car running.
By bks84
#309618 Who are you having do the port work? I used Endyn and couldnt be happier with their turn around time, and the work performed. Cost me $1365 to have it all done.

Only issue, make sure the head you send is in GREAT shape and has ZERO work done previously. They're kinda picky with what they'll work on.
By Hatch-O-Doom
bks84 wrote:Who are you having do the port work? I used Endyn and couldnt be happier with their turn around time, and the work performed. Cost me $1365 to have it all done.

Only issue, make sure the head you send is in GREAT shape and has ZERO work done previously. They're kinda picky with what they'll work on.

Looking to get it bought built. Dont really have time to mess around sending it to a shop. found a few for sale that had everything I needed done to them.
But only looking at ones that have paperwork stateing what was done and who did the work.
So we will see what happenes....
By Hatch-O-Doom
#309734 The head has been bought

HEAD INFO:

99 GSR VTEC HEAD

PORT & POLISH JOB

3 ANGLE VALVE JOB

HOT TANK JET WASH CLEAN

RESURFACE HEAD

HEAD PARTS:

NEW SUPERTEC RACE VALVES

NEW SUPERTEC DUAL SPRINGS