B16, B18, B20
By Hatch-O-Doom
#309262 Okay, So Did my B20V swap yesterday and everything was goin good, or so I thought.

I hit a pretty big snag now. I have everything in the car, car fires up, runs SUPER RICH! as in its running a 10.0 on the AEM UGO, at all RPMS. I know rich is good but its too rich, its literly just soaking my oil. :(

But I have a little Valve tick, actully pretty bad.
and the car idles at 2000rpms...

So what I have done so far
-Check all sensors to make sure everything is plugged into the right one, which it is.
-timing is good
-compression umm pretty bad and I am pretty sure cuz everything us Fuel soaked that its low.
Cylinder 1- 0 (zero) Cylinder 2- 80 Cylinder 3 -100 Cylinder 4 -80
-Boost gauge reads 8-10 vacume pretty much at all times.
before it read about 22-24 not its bad, IM afraid to boost at all.

When you look at plugs, its really bad, there completly soaked, little to no carbon, Cylinder 1 is compltly soaked and looks to not be fireing.

Car runs, and sounds like its missing, I mean it has to be cuz of how bad the compression is.

Why is is throwing so much fuel in there? I am tuned for a B20 Turbo... havent had it tuned for the Vtec portion yet.
but should it be that bad?

I really need help. Ill attach 2 vids of the car.
What I added with the GSR Head is
Edelbrock Intak mani with Stock throttle body.
ARP Head Studs,
ARP Connectring rod studs
GSR Water Pump
GSR Timing Belt
OEM Head Gasket
NEW Oil and Coolant.
BWR Cam Seal
NEW Dizzy
Also forgot to buy GSR Wires, used the LS wires but replaced them as well
Did a valve lash adjustment, cylinder 1 was off on the intake side, but its adjusted now.

Can you guys please help me out I am pretty worried about this.

I also am not running a PCV Valve anymore. like the LS head has one, the GSR one did not, So I did not put it on, IDK if that could be a issue...

One other thing the Throttel body sticks so as soon as the gas is pushed thats where it stays, what could be the cause of this?

Thanks guys.

If you know what the problem is please text me at (719)433-3291 for the fastest way... cuz I am super worried.

The Vids.

By poorman type-r
#309268 I am looking at the vids right now and I will be researching the Internet to try and help bro.
By Hatch-O-Doom
#309269 Thanks man! I appricate it, I been looking everywhere...
Leaving towards maybe a bent vlave :/
Also maybe since its so Fuel soaked it cant get compression?

Also forgot to mention I am not getting a Check engine light or anything.
By poorman type-r
#309270 Check this thread. He is saying the ECU.

http://www.b20vtec.com/forums/general-t ... -rich.html
By poorman type-r
#309271 Another guy said all he needed was a tune. Here's the link to his..

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2848241
By Hatch-O-Doom
#309272 I know the tune is part of my problem. I am running a pretty rich map for a B20 Turbo set up, I now have added a GSR head with a Edelbrock Intake minifold. Its gonna run a little richer, also the Vtec is not Wired up at all...
But a 10.0 UGO showing is really rich, I mean I am literly throwing doller bills out the tail pipe.

But would that be the only issue or might there be a bent valve?
Also why is my throttel sticking so bad?
By bigJOE671
Hatch-O-Doom wrote:I know the tune is part of my problem. I am running a pretty rich map for a B20 Turbo set up, I now have added a GSR head with a Edelbrock Intake minifold. Its gonna run a little richer, also the Vtec is not Wired up at all...
But a 10.0 UGO showing is really rich, I mean I am literly throwing doller bills out the tail pipe.

But would that be the only issue or might there be a bent valve?
Also why is my throttel sticking so bad?

Is your spark plugs wires hooked up in the right order on the distributor?

Is your Wideband calibrated correctly in terms of voltage?

Can you tune your own car right now? if so, tune your idle to around 14AFR.

if you have 0 pressure in one cylinder of engine you might have bad rings or something else.
Last edited by bigJOE671 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
By poorman type-r
#309274 You could have jumped timing and got the low comp reading, if not then I would say it's a bent valve....

Is your throttle cable loose?
By EHF22A
#309276 sounds like bent valves..you can kinda tell from start up.
By Hatch-O-Doom
#309277 Big Joe,

I have it Calibrated. I do not have a way to tune it my self. I am running on chrome. so unless I can tune that some other way I have no way of tuning it :/

also the wires are hooked up right, checked quite a few times.

poorman, Timing is reading good, checked it with a timing gun. and its spot on.

Throttle cable is not loose at all.. if its too loose the car dies, so I tightend it down a bit, but its still pretty tight. :/

EHF22a. you really think so? Fuck! I dont have time or money to mess with a bent valve! damn it! well time to start looking for a deal on Valves and stems, take off the head and hope I can get everything done before the 7th! damn it!!!!
By poorman type-r
#309280 Craigslist bro. What state are you in? I will help you look.

Sucks this happened.

Sorry I meant tight, not loose. If it is too tight it will cause it to stick.. Just try adjusting it.
By poorman type-r
#309281 I saw your plates are from Colorado, found this.

http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/3093076404.html
By Hatch-O-Doom
poorman type-r wrote:Craigslist bro. What state are you in? I will help you look.

Sucks this happened.

Sorry I meant tight, not loose. If it is too tight it will cause it to stick.. Just try adjusting it.

Thanks man! Ill be hitting up Craigslist tonight!

I have to find a much cheaper valevs as I dont have 155 for 8 of them :(

But yeah, I am gonna do a test tomorrow, put in a bit of break fluid into the piston, and see if she will seal or just keep on loosing compression, if she does, then bad valves, if not then my piston rings are unseated. and that should help to seat them again....

Also about the throttel cable it is super tight.... you can tell its sticking pretty bad. when in the car, it can get stuck to around 4k... :thumbdown:
By poorman type-r
#309333 Any luck?