B16, B18, B20
By Hatch-O-Doom
poorman type-r wrote:How much boost are you going to run?

Ill be running only about 20psi maybe more depending on the tune.
but that all depends on what the guy who tunes the motor says.

bks84 wrote:Bent/broken valves suck, thats for sure. Been there, done that. Mine broke at 9800 :(

First time breaking a valve(s) for me, I have destroyed piostons, put a rod through a block, snapped cams, but never broke a valve.

Whats crazy is the valves that snapped, took the Valve seals with them...never seen that happen.
Well this gives me a chance to get a built Head, 1000CC injectors, and my Pistons, rods,

And then Ill have pretty much a built motor. execpt sleevs, which I would love to do, but just dont have funds for that and need the car running.
By bks84
#309618 Who are you having do the port work? I used Endyn and couldnt be happier with their turn around time, and the work performed. Cost me $1365 to have it all done.

Only issue, make sure the head you send is in GREAT shape and has ZERO work done previously. They're kinda picky with what they'll work on.
By Hatch-O-Doom
bks84 wrote:Who are you having do the port work? I used Endyn and couldnt be happier with their turn around time, and the work performed. Cost me $1365 to have it all done.

Only issue, make sure the head you send is in GREAT shape and has ZERO work done previously. They're kinda picky with what they'll work on.

Looking to get it bought built. Dont really have time to mess around sending it to a shop. found a few for sale that had everything I needed done to them.
But only looking at ones that have paperwork stateing what was done and who did the work.
So we will see what happenes....
By Hatch-O-Doom
#309734 The head has been bought

HEAD INFO:

99 GSR VTEC HEAD

PORT & POLISH JOB

3 ANGLE VALVE JOB

HOT TANK JET WASH CLEAN

RESURFACE HEAD

HEAD PARTS:

NEW SUPERTEC RACE VALVES

NEW SUPERTEC DUAL SPRINGS

NEW SUPERTEC TITANIUM RETAINERS

NEW SUPERTEC VALVE LOCK KEEPERS

NEW VALVE SEALS
By poorman type-r
Hatch-O-Doom wrote:The head has been bought

HEAD INFO:

99 GSR VTEC HEAD

PORT & POLISH JOB

3 ANGLE VALVE JOB

HOT TANK JET WASH CLEAN

RESURFACE HEAD

HEAD PARTS:

NEW SUPERTEC RACE VALVES

NEW VALVE SEALS

This is going to be one reliable motor. :thumb:
By Hatch-O-Doom
poorman type-r wrote:
Hatch-O-Doom wrote:The head has been bought

HEAD INFO:

99 GSR VTEC HEAD

PORT & POLISH JOB

3 ANGLE VALVE JOB

HOT TANK JET WASH CLEAN

RESURFACE HEAD

HEAD PARTS:

NEW SUPERTEC RACE VALVES

NEW VALVE SEALS

This is going to be one reliable motor. :thumb:

Thanks man! Def. Hoping I can get everyhing done in about 2 weeks. and then Ill most likely have to rescehdual my tune :thumbdown:
But I am excited!

Do you guys think Ill need anything else for the car? Motor wise? that is super essential?
By bks84
#309791 who did the port work on the head?

what cams are you running?
By Hatch-O-Doom
bks84 wrote:who did the port work on the head?

what cams are you running?

RS Machine in Cali did all the head work.

Ill be running stock gsr cams as I have already spent way too much money in the past few days on this build. I have seen some nice edelbrock cams for sale a 288/250 set up. But don't know much about them so for now stockerss