B16, B18, B20
By dajoker1292
#307458 I'm planning on sending my block to golden eagle to get sleeves done and a stroker kit done to my block at 95mm stroke at an 89mm bore idk how to calculate that to how many liters it would be but im hoping around the 2.2l range. and im trying to find out at what compression i can leave it at to stay a daily but at the same time not risk down shifting at such a high rpm and losing my whole motor (from what i was told its possible idk how) im thinking about building my head also at high compression probably stage 2 internals im not sure yet and i would also like to resurface the head too. to raise the compression but im not sure what the safest amount would be.

can yall help me out with how to build this swap and is it possible to be pushing 3 to 350 on a daily all motor? and i was also planning on using a b16 head with a port and polish if yall can help me out with complete plans too. thanks
By dajoker1292
#307461 and should i use e85 or 93 gas? which would help and make a difference?
By SkunkDcivic
#307495 You need a good tuner and if 84.5 mm is 2.0 the I would think that would be 2.2 check what the bore is on a h22 and I'd do 12.1 on comp and run what ever gas you can get
By Hatch-O-Doom
#307497 If its a DD and you wanna run E85 your gonna have to plan everything around gas stations that have it! on a NA motor E85 doesnt do a whole lot, now a boosted motor it is quite a difference, but tuning is key!

if you dont have alot of gas stations around id stay 93 cuz you dont wanna risk running out of gas and e85 completly being across town.
By dajoker1292
#307513 yeah but on an all motor what can e85 give me though? i have a e85 gas station right down the street from my house :D lucky me lol but how many miles to the gallon would it give me? does it really burn that fast? and whats the most hp it would help me if im lucky?
nd i was told people are doing 13.5 compression with a daily but would that be safe? and what kind of set up should i run? when it comes down to building the head? if i do a stroker kit would it come up to far and hit the head possibly bending valves? and a b18b1 would be the best block to be doing all this to right?
i have a lot of questions im new to building motors but i think this set up will run really hard. i also have a gsr block. which one would be better to do this all with? as in stronger and better? a gsr block or a b18b1?
thanks yall for helping too.
By Hatch-O-Doom
#307541 E85 I have never run it in a NA car, Just turbo cars.
With the Evo, I was gaining 50WHP off of it, I had 1000cc Injectors at 115% Duty Cycle running a walbro 255 and 35psi on the turbo. so my gains were high due to everything I had.

I have heard people getting alot more then that off Big turbo cars as in GT35R, 40R and 42R. also with FP Green and Black they were getting nice gains.

With E-85 its not that your burning fuel quicker, your dumping more to keep the combustion goin.
NA cars dont use too much fuel, so you would really be using alot anyway. would you get a good gain off of it? I dont know. I wouldnt expect much. Id keep on 93 pump.
I had a friend that ran his car off E-85, Tuned and he said he didnt notice a difference, and used more fuel then he was before. he was a lead foot driver.

as for you asking would the pistons hit the valves? they should NEVER hit the valves! The pistons has a set amount of room of travel, and the cams are what move the valves, cams control when valves open, so unless uour head gasket shits, your timing slips, you should never hit valves!
By poorman type-r
dajoker1292 wrote:yeah but on an all motor what can e85 give me though? i have a e85 gas station right down the street from my house :D lucky me lol but how many miles to the gallon would it give me? does it really burn that fast? and whats the most hp it would help me if im lucky?
nd i was told people are doing 13.5 compression with a daily but would that be safe? and what kind of set up should i run? when it comes down to building the head? if i do a stroker kit would it come up to far and hit the head possibly bending valves? and a b18b1 would be the best block to be doing all this to right?
i have a lot of questions im new to building motors but i think this set up will run really hard. i also have a gsr block. which one would be better to do this all with? as in stronger and better? a gsr block or a b18b1?
thanks yall for helping too.

I wouldn't have compression that high and try and daily drive it. If you build a race car you need to drive it like a race car. No point in putting all that money into it and just slowly drive it through town. If I were you I would get a cheap shell and put that built motor in the shell and make it your Weekend Warrior or track car.

If you are getting sleeves and stroking it then it doesn't matter what block you use. The only reason people say that a LS block is better is because it's the only true 1.8L. Like I said though if you are going to bore it and stroke it out to a 2.2 it doesn't which one you use.

Even if you build this motor with top end parts and reliable people installing it you still need to worry about how it's going to ride. My buddy and I built a 14.4:1 B20 vtec motor and it put down massive power, but it was a BITCH to drive through town. The idle was ridiculous and it would bog horribly at low RPM's because of the cams. Plus, he would go through tires so quick from always wanting to jump on it.

12:1 would be good and you could probably get mid 200's whp which is enough to blow the doors off of 95% of the street cars around you. IMO
By dajoker1292
#307589 would 12.5 be good? or at least 13.1?
and i was told the LS block is actually stronger than the rest of them based on what type of material its made from.. if not i would rather send in the gsr block that i have and not take apart my already running LSV

and i was planning on sending it to golden eagle because ive heard a lot of great things from them.
and is there a special way to put on a Tbelt after u do a stroker kit?

and how it will ride wont it now depend on the tuning? where ur computer will idle and all that? and what kind of computer and tuning would u think would be the best set up for this?

and did poormantype-r did ur buddy have that as a daily? im not worried about tires lol i get great deals on any tires :) but im willing to have this car as a real project and actually put the money into it but i wanna make it so i wont have to open up the motor for a looonngg time. so ive been told that if u miss a gear or down shift to high that u will fuck up ur valves but i wanna find out whats the limit to where it will be a quick ass car and at the same time last a long ass time too.

i wanna try to make a good name for the EG's down here in south FL, i wanna make a reliable daily and close to the fastest all motor that will last. everyone here make a lot of bad names for the hondas but i wanna start cleaning it up.
i wanna build something that everyone will be like damn thats what i wanna do with my honda. everyone thinks its so easy to slap on a turbo and make power but its not reliable. i wanna have my vtec kicking in like turbo on my all motor. and maybe show this world how a honda is suppose to be driven. i have an EG SI and i like the outside looking clean and stock with a little surprise under the hood :) thats my vision :)
By SkunkDcivic
#307654 GSr block is better in my opinion cuzz when you have a vtec block you can put a vtec head on it with reliability Cuzz it was made for it
By poorman type-r
dajoker1292 wrote:would 12.5 be good? or at least 13.1?
and i was told the LS block is actually stronger than the rest of them based on what type of material its made from.. if not i would rather send in the gsr block that i have and not take apart my already running LSV

and i was planning on sending it to golden eagle because ive heard a lot of great things from them.
and is there a special way to put on a Tbelt after u do a stroker kit?

and how it will ride wont it now depend on the tuning? where ur computer will idle and all that? and what kind of computer and tuning would u think would be the best set up for this?

and did poormantype-r did ur buddy have that as a daily? im not worried about tires lol i get great deals on any tires :) but im willing to have this car as a real project and actually put the money into it but i wanna make it so i wont have to open up the motor for a looonngg time. so ive been told that if u miss a gear or down shift to high that u will fuck up ur valves but i wanna find out whats the limit to where it will be a quick ass car and at the same time last a long ass time too.

i wanna try to make a good name for the EG's down here in south FL, i wanna make a reliable daily and close to the fastest all motor that will last. everyone here make a lot of bad names for the hondas but i wanna start cleaning it up.
i wanna build something that everyone will be like damn thats what i wanna do with my honda. everyone thinks its so easy to slap on a turbo and make power but its not reliable. i wanna have my vtec kicking in like turbo on my all motor. and maybe show this world how a honda is suppose to be driven. i have an EG SI and i like the outside looking clean and stock with a little surprise under the hood :) thats my vision :)

To be honest. Benson is the best when it comes to sleeving motors, but Golden Eagle is fine too. Also, it doesn't matter if you tune it or not. If you have aggressive cams then you will have a rough idle. Also, why fully build a motor like that and take away it's potential power. You know?

I say 12.5 max, maybe 13:1. AEM EMS or Hondata S300..

He tried to DD it, but it was too ridiculous. Gas mileage sucked and cops were attracted to it and being in Cali with all of the regulations you never want to get pulled over with a built motor. (Florida doesn't have that problem.)

If you want ridiculous all motor power then do a J32a2 swap. 260whp 240 wtq. STOCK

Put J37 crank, rods and RL 12:1 - 13:1 comp pistons with bolt ons, bigger injectors, fuel pump etc. and an awesome tune and you are looking at 330 whp daily driver.
By bks84
#307773 to roughly figure your displacement use this formula.

bore x bore x stroke x .7854 x number of cylinders.

so,

89 x 89 x 95 x .7854 x 4 = 2.364

Are you positive you can even go all the way out to 89? from the quick 3 seconds on google, im seeing people say 86 is the largest you can go on GE sleeves.

89mm bore would require custom offset sleeves, headgasket, blah.

I think if you bored it all the way to 87, you'd run into headgasket issues.
By dajoker1292
#308082 how bad is it to DD with 12.5 or 13.1 comp? and what kind of gas mileage was he doing? and what if u leave the throttle open to idle at 1k rpm? and i just dont wanna have to do cutting... i wanna have it look completely like a sleeper and a stock motor. at least until it gets on the road.
By bks84
#308263 What is your primary question?

I dont think the CR will affect drivability as much as your cam choice. I take that back, it does you'll have to run premium 91+.

With that said, what cams are you thinking about using when its all said and done?