B16, B18, B20
By Classiccarsrule85
#305582 so my b18b1 i just installed into my crv has approx 110k on it and ran great when pulled now tho it seems i missed something im guessing i could be a tooth off but i just dont know i dont have any check engine lights and its really frustrating me to no end......

so on initial start up you have to gas it some and keep a steady foot on the pedal so you can keep the motor going once it gets to 1000 rpm or around that it backfires and then if you let go of the gas it will try to stay running but stall out im stumped and this is probably because this is my second b series and well let just say it just goes to show im a sohc guy for sure.....really need help though timing should be dead on but i try and adjust the static timing and it dies no matter if you retard it or advance it any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
By Classiccarsrule85
#305583 could it possibly be the knock sensor as the ls dosent have a spot for one??
By blk92hb
#305592 i dont know if the ls has a knock sensor, but it could be possable that you got the map and tps mixed up. they have the same plug so its really easy to mix up and it wont throw a code.
By Classiccarsrule85
#305677 well going to bite the bullet and take off all the accessary belts and timing belt covers and such and see timing wise whats up i did the diy thing for the knock sensor since the ls didnt have one but the crv harness that im running dose and it will only work with the crv ecu how nice .....but yea tps and map on this harness are very hard to plug into each other i tried reversing but plugs wont reach so yea looks like im tearing apart the crv more hurray....