B16, B18, B20
By Hatch-O-Doom
#305445 okay, So most of the instructions I have read online are all based on me running non turbo :?
So since I am running a turbo'd Vtec set up. how will I go about hooking this us...

I have a golde eagle sandwich adapter plate on the car right now running my turbo oil feed line. but the Vtec required me to run the same basic thing....
So how can I do this?

In the instructions from golden, run the line from head to adapter... okay but I have one there...can I T it off and run two lines off the same place?
will it cause oil starvation? I dont wanna blow my turbo, nor cause any damage!

I have two things marked here... can I 1 for the vtech and 2 for the turbo?
I am starting this next friday so I really need to know, this is litterly the last peice of my puzzle and I am confused here... :x

If someone can chime in and help me out real quick I would love you fo eva!
By rootbeer_eg
#305454 are you running b20/vtec?

if you are the little whole number 2 goes to turbo
and the bigger whole goes to the vtec head

why would you need to "t" it off
By dbrooks
#305455 Are those the only two fitting on that adapter? I have one that has 4 fittings that I could sell you you for cheap.

Are you running a catch can too?
By Hatch-O-Doom
#305460 rootbeer_eg I am Currently Just B20 Turbo converting to B20V Turbo
So it is safe to run both of those lines one to the head one to the turbo and there wont be any oil starvation issues?

dbrooks... Yes those are the only 2 holes in the adapter.
Wasnt sure if I can run both as it only came with one size -AN fitting for the bigger hole. and a hex nut for the small one to block it off.

But if I can run both I will be okay, just have to get a correct -AN fitting for it and putit on.

Who makes the 4 one you have/ how much and can you post a pic?
By dbrooks
#305466 http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-OIL-FILTER-COOLER-SANDWICH-PLATE-ADAPTER-JDM-HONDA-SUBARU-UNIVERSAL-/390420684836?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ae6e2e024&vxp=mtr

This is the one I have. I haven't used it at all. It looks would be cool if you plan on running an oil pressure or temp gauge too.

I could sell if for $40 shipped.
By Hatch-O-Doom
#305471 I dont need a 3rd sandwich plate, I have one on the car, and then this GE one.

I do kinda want it cuz it has more options for me to tap stuff into it...
I dont need it right now man, I feel bad... Before I buy anymore things i have to do this swap first.... and ill use the adapters I have right now as long as I can run both holes...
By dbrooks
#305493 It's all good! I bought that one because it's super heavy duty, I read really good reviews on it, AND it has a lot of openings. I highly recommend it.

Your GE setup should work though. I have read about LS/Vtec setups before and I think most people run the line from the head straight to the oil pan. Yours SHOULD work though, because it's essentially the same thing.
By rootbeer_eg
dbrooks wrote:. I have read about LS/Vtec setups before and I think most people run the line from the head straight to the oil pan. Yours SHOULD work though, because it's essentially the same thing.

this in my head makes no sense :?
there would be no way for the oil to get to the head if if you ran it right from the oil pan to the head

and it would cause horrible damage
By Hatch-O-Doom
#305537 Line from head to pan?
Pan has no pressure so are they running it as a return line?
My turbo goes from strait to pan....

Well. Now that that solves that issue, Now I just need to figure out what -AN Fitting is on the turbo feed line so I can get one and hook it up.
By dbrooks
#305550 Oh, I thought you were talking about a return line.

Disregard that message. Hahaha
By Hatch-O-Doom
#305557 Hahaha, No there both pressure lines...
Thats why I wanna make sure I will not run into oil starvation when I have both lines up and running in there.
By rootbeer_eg
#305558 yea im almost positve that you wont cause oil starvation
the line that runs to the turbo isnt that big
i think the fitting is -10

i have no idea what size the fitting is that goes to the head though
By Hatch-O-Doom
#305578 The fitting to the head is huge, and the turbo one ill have to find out... hopefully not the hard way when the car is torn apart.

But i did go to orilies and they did have some sizes just didnt see like anything small enough was there.. but i forgot to take my sandwich plate with me.
By blk92hb
#305597 i think this will help it even has pictures

http://www.lightningmotorsports.info/tech_lsvtec.htm