B16, B18, B20
By Ontario_EG
#304452 Hello Gang New to the Forums and saying HI all over the place!

So... My D is dead i think or getting to the point it needs to go to ZZZZZ

I picked up a B18B1 out of a 95 Teg.. Well a friend gave it to me. Distributor is missing no exhaust manifold or starter. or trans and so on.

I plainly need advice.

I picked up a B Series Transmission so far and also have the complete engine wiring harness with the engine.
So reading up I belive I am going to need to collect the obvious:
-Axles,Shift linkages,PCM,mounts,clutch/flywheel/distributor and header.

My HUGE questions is.. I know the answer on the parts I require but I am thinking more into it as a permanent swap for my EG and I plan to keep this car for a long long time.
THE WIRING! :P
Would this teg hardness plug and play .. and just swap in the teg pcm?
Also
I was looking at Hassport Shifter linkages and axles Good? Or if I am not really going high power is it a total waste? Keep in mind I might turbo in the future but definetly not a high boost situation.

Also clutch? I can pick up a Exedy OEM grade clutch for $160.00... Bad idea? Or should or there some suggestions :)

HELP ME GANG! I soon need to get this B18 in.. Currently in the process of cleaning the motor up and head.. with all new gastets and seals..
By chrono404
#304479 Just use your Civic D Series Wiring harness.

you will need to extend your o2 sensor wiring as in a D Series the o2 sensor is in the front, On a B Series its in the back.

I swapped out my d16z6 for a B20. I just used my D16z6 harness and then made the below. Basically went to a junkyard and snipped wiring off a wrecked car before and after the connector, then soldered the wires from both ends together to make it an extension Cable, Then Wrapped it in Split Loom. I never had any problems with the swap. It still runs perfect to this day.

If you want to you can look over my build thread on the bottom ofpage 3 and start of page 4 to see How I swaped in a B20(basically the same as your b18b, just bored out) in place of the d16z6.

Other good resources:
B18c Swap Walk though
B18 LS Swap
Many other good ones in our DIY List
By 1ACarlos
#304636 Welcome
By suspendedHatch
#304775 You don't have to extend it. It's the same thing you do when you buy a header. You get a razor and cut the tape on the split loom and pull the O2 sensor wires back toward the firewall, then drop it down under the intake manifold. Reloom the O2 sensor wires and retape the split loom you cut open.