B16, B18, B20
By illason
#304035 okay I was driving my car today and or some reason after an hour of driving the car started to spudder. I go to first gear and it seems like it doesn't want to go forward, same with second and so on. can someone help any advice would be appreciated.
By illason
#304066 It idles fine. First gear seems to be the worst it only goes about five to ten mph. The other day I adjusted the throttle cable because the rpm was bouncing when I was sit at a light. I took it out today and drove it about an hour and this happen. Could it be my TPS? If so how do I adjust it? I'm going to check the plugs, filter, tomorrow. What else can I check?
By fatcoupe
#304168 might check trans fluid just to see the condition. remember if its fuel that you can have fuel pressure that is within specs but be lacking in volume.
By illason
#304199 okay I took my plugs out and there is oil on all of the plugs and my oil is low. so I guess I have bad ring seals? what are the signs of a cracked head?
By illason
#304313 Okay I replaced all of the spark plugs and double checked the valve gasket. Also I reset the tsp by letting the car idle and removing the electric plugs,turned off the car and removed cable from the battery. What else can I do or check?
By illason
#304566 when I remove the TPS the car stops running, is this normal? I also checked all of the vacuum lines, I removed the fuel pump checked all those lines. what else can I check? is there a way I can check if my injector are working?
By illason
#304782 Now it seems like the car is idling funny and there is a lot of smoke coming from the exhaust. Help!