B16, B18, B20
By mrbojangles13
#303232 hey guys looking for some advice on the up coming build. I am looking to get 235 out of my b20v.
b20b bottom end b16 head. this needs to reliable as its my daily as well. taking the block out and installing a girdle, arp rod bolts, mains, n studs, and block guard for reliability and a breather kit.
will rs itr rep pistons be good enough for my goal? they say 11.7 to 12 on the cr.
what cams? i was thinkin bc 3+ maybe? or skunk pro 2. remember this is a daily and id like to make some power low to mid rpm
supertech springs and ti retainers
i have a hytech rep header and a full 2 1/4 exhaust, resonator, vibrant muff
aem v2 cai w/ bpi v stack
skunk 2 pro intake mani
will have the ps and ac machined off the pulley
shotpeen the rods

what machine work and other upgrades should i look at to help reach my goal while staying good and reliable and well suited for daily?
By mrbojangles13
#303233 also which gauges should i pick up? i have a 3 gauge pod laying around, i was thinking tac, oil pressure, and?
this is a daily that i will try to autocross with and might drag a bit with too
By bks84
#303335 I made 215 on my first b20v build which consisted of, shitty port job (that prob hurt more than it helped), Blox IM, ProProducts 68mm TB, RC440's, tuned on S300, BuddyClub4's and RS machine "ITR" pistons on stock rods w/ARP's.

Block girdle, not needed.
Main studs, not needed.
Shot peening the rods, not needed.

Just have your complete rotating assembly balanced, and you'll be golden. By complete I mean from the crank pulley to the clutch kit. A good machine shop will need bearings (for weight measurements) as well, to be more accurate.

Gauges - I would buy an AEM UEGO controller to monitor AFR's, and a decent oil pressure gauge. the only other one I would have is a water temp gauge.