B16, B18, B20
By reaperstk
#303170 first off thanks for checking out the post, problem is i bouht a 92 eg swap b18, trans is gsr wid oem lsd?!! (thats wat prev owner says but havent open it up yet), now the real deal is its an auto to manual swap too, now the plate wea u hav the shifter (home made) which is a lil to the left, wen u shift to 3rd is at an angle but not that off, my problem is wen i drive regularly its fine goin 1st to 2nd, n wen i start revin it (racing!) 1st shift to 2nd, the 2nd gear wont go in, now im thinking its the shift link thats crooked or the syncro or mayb need a new clutch but wen the car is off u can shift to any gear fine so im stuck, any ideas, oh n ive been researching these problem like foreva dats y i just had to sign up n post so please just lmk wat ya think the problem is
By bks84
#303201 Your spelling and grammar are horrendous.

If you can shift the car into any gear when its off, your problem is more than likely the clutch.

As for checking to see if its LSD, you dont have to open the trans up to determine that. You can remove the axle (s) and if you can see all the way through the holes (through the diff) then you have LSD, if theres a pin blocking your view, then you dont.

The car was converted to Manual? What plate are you talking about exactly, when swapping to manual (in an auto car) you dont have to add anything, theres no cutting involved. You simply drill new holes for the shift linkages to bolt to the tunnel.

Like this

By reaperstk
#303385 haha ok thanks, ill check on the clutch, and the hole where the stickshift bolts too was too wide so they made a plate to screw it in the car frame, maybe thats what its causing it to be a little towrads the left, ill get it checked out and get back soon
By reaperstk
#311357 changed out the shift linkage and the bushing was torn up, second gear is still kinda hard to get into and third is still off a little, this mayb b the answer but how bad would it affect the way the transmission sits, as i stated this was an auto to manual/ d to b series swap, so instead of previous owner not buying the transmission swap mounts they just cut it off and welded in a b tranny mount, n it looks like shit, also what would be a side effect of a wearing out synchro